Thumbs up Chinese market fish!!!!

I saw the most discusting things yesterday at the chinese maket in ottawa....they had...i think they call it talapiia fish.They were around 25 to 30 fish of 12 to 14 inche in an approx. a 50 gallons.Fish were missing eyes ,up side down...that isnt very fun to see that..my girlfriend told me"dont go in the back you wont be happy to see that"..but i had too......they also had dried up duck legs. Anyhow if you go to a chinese restaurant dont eat fish.

That's pretty sad.

By the way, how's your lionfish doing?

he is still not eating....I gave him afreshwater dip with formalin and now he is in quarantine with maracyn two.Hopefully he will start to eat.....even if its a goldfish...wich i never give....as long as he eats a little something..i really do not want to loose him he is why i went saltwater:sad4:
    Derik...

VOLITAN

Thats very common in any ASIAN market. while we may not like it as hobbiests its no different then millions of chickens going down a conveyer belt to there death or a baby cow locked in a box being fed milk and not aloud to move so he will become your next veal cutlet. It does look terrible to you but every culture has a different way of doing things.

that s right johnny..when you think about it its very true
    Derik...

Cool

I hope I wasn't being to mean spirited? I was just pointing that out as I shop all the time in CHINA TOWN and got used to those crowded tanks quick. It isn't great to see but what can we do? Some countrys eat dogs and while it may gross us out its just there way.I was looking in the bins at the stores in CHINA TOWN and there was some cool looking snails and conches, I wonder if they would survive in our tanks?

not at all its the really of life and my gf goes there all the time to get stuff too.like you said everybodys got there culture and we do stuff that they think its ridiculus too.

I wonder too if they could survive may we could save a couple

Are they saltwater?
    By the way your tank is the bomb!!!!!Did you build the tank yourself?if so how did you do it?did you have plans?what and were did you get the glass?
    Derik...

Have you guys ever seen the live eels you can sometimes buy? I think they are saltwater, and they are usually huge! I wonder if it would work...anyone with a big FO tank want to try?? :-)

Cool

the tank was built by me and I bought all the glass from BROWN&MACFARLANE here in OTTAWA. best prices in town.
    plans were years of research and a lot of fun.

Wow its great tank anyway.How long did it take you to do it?Did you make the plans yourself or you bought them?How did you hold the glass panes together to assemble it?