Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Angry Help!!!!! Pop Ups!!!!

Well, I need a good pop up software. I'm going crazy here. I have anti virus but was just using a free trial pop up protection that exspired way back. what do you guys with PC knowledge recommend? should I go out and buy the program or can I buy a good one online. my computer is starting to freeze now and every time I open the internet theres certain popups that are permenantly installed and load. HELP PLEASE!! were and what should I buy?

Derik...

I went to Goggle.com and downloaded thier free toolbar. Part of the toolbar blocks popups and I can do a google search without going to the google page.

I also run Norton Internet Security which is a firewall, virus protection and eliminates pop ups as well.

I prefer The Zone Alarm firewall which stops pop ups. The Zone Alarm firewall is easier to configure than Norton, IMO. It easily allows me to tell it which sites (this one for instance) that I want to allow pop ups and which ones that I don't.

Vickie

adaware from download.com is great..
    removed all the spyware from my pc

and im using adpurger there are tons of them out there just pick one you like
    Craig

Tank: 77gal reef, deltec AP600 skimmer, 440W VHO lighting.
    Livestock:Coral beauty, Tomato Clown, Yellow Tang, magenta dottyback, 3 stripe damsel, yellow tail damsel, coral banded shrimp

I use Pest Patrol and it works well. Pest Patrol only deletes the cookies and spy-ware AFTER the sites that demand you except them have loaded. Also had keyboard logger detection, Memory checker, and a good easy to follow user interface. This program combined with Zone Alarm, and my anti virus software have kept all my computers safe and virus free for over 7 years. I highly recommend both of them.
    Rob

Ad aware is great it really speedsup your computer
    Derik...

And it WILL get rid of the pop ups for a while
    Derik...

yes .. removing spy ware will speed up your computer because every time you boot up those little programs start running in the background ... waiting for you to connect to the net so they can send info about your surfing habits to the site that planted them there. Repeated system crashes and slow computer response time are often the first sign of having a mess of ad ware / spy ware etc.
    Rob

okay I downloaded a free trial of POPUP STOPPER and its working but what about prexisting popups and spyware/adware? I have ''SMILY CENTRAL'' that keeps popping up! how can I purge my system of hidden crap and what else should I have/add to help the popup software.
    Thanks a tons guys/gals. can any of you send me a link for something that will compliment POPUP STOPPER like anti spyware and something I can sweep my PC free of the existing crap.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast