Beware When Buying Used Equipment

I just wanted to say or vent no names......when buying used equipment and such from people please everyone test the equipment before you take it home......now this is not saying that the seller is trying to sell something broken but ......

I bought a tank and supplies including a pump and when I got home I started to fill the tank with water to clean it and "crack" a split goes down the front of the glass.......I was a little mad then I said ok well I might be able to fix that and so I go plug in the pump and it starts but is so loud that I really couldn't put it around the tank it would be aweful.

Anyway thanks for listening and please check all equipment before you buy and if you can't check it then please try to make sure it works!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stephen

Cool scuba

did the tank crack when you filled it! If so, you really can't get mad at the seller because theres no way he could know. The stress from moving and possible age of tank is a factor. very rare that a tank will just crack. But the pump for sure I would have plugged her in to test it. It sucks eh when you buy some thing and it doesn't work out. I here ya.

Bummer Steve.. All I can say is before you buy a used tank you need to see it full of water on that day. pumps should also be checked. If your lucky Steve it is serviceable bearings or a shaft and can be repairs cheaply.
    Rob

Yes your right about the tank but still it sucks because even if I fix the crack what's to say it won't crack in another place if it did that easy the first time. Oh well live and learn.
    Stephen

OSD I thought of it may being dirty or something dryed on so I am letting the pump soke for awhile well the shaft and I cleaned out the pump's insides.
    Stephen

scuba

is it the 90g that you bought? if so, just change the pane of glass out. chances of another cracking are real slim and you can fill it for awhile to test it.

No it was a 20 and I was going to use it for my sump....it already had bafels and such in it. I'm just thinking its not really worth to fix at alot of cost for a 20gal
    Stephen

Cool

nope, just get another.