Plexiglass for DIY project

Hi,

I have some DIY project that I would like to do in the near future ans I would like to do it using Plexiglass. Is there a good store in Montreal where I could find plexiglass cylinder and sheet at a good price? I am also looking for a strip heater to be able to bend the plastic. If anyone on the forum know a good place where I could find what I am searching for please tell me !! It can be outside of Montreal too...) Thank you everyone !!

Steve

Or maybe a good online store would also be nice...

Zeke,

One online source is Kidder. They are a canadian company. Here is the link: http://www.kidder.ca/

Forewarning: their prices are not cheap. You would probably do better with a local supplier.

I have been looking for many hours on the net since yesterday to find a cheap strip heater to be able to bend plastic and damn that is really expensive!! I understand why skimmer, sump and overflow are so expensive

I know what you mean zeke. I built an overflow over my bulkhead from acrylic. I wanted to bend, but ended up cutting and gluing (acrylic weld) the pieces together.

harley here on AC does work with acrylic. He may know where to get a strip heater.
    180g with 2 x 54g corner bowfront bookends. 220 FOWLR in the works, 75g sump, 75g fuge, 75g QT.
    Solaris I4 72", 2 x 150 HQI Outer Orbit Pendants, Reeflo Orca 250, Profilux controller, Tunze 6101's and 6055's, Deltec CA Rx, PM Kalk Mixer, PM SR45 reactors.

I think will some store in Montreal and try to see by myself if they got good things. I have found on a website a Plastic Bending Strip Heater Element for a cheap a price and they tell how to build the strip heater with that. This the link : http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=169&
    Maybe I will try that when I will have the time. I will let you know if it is working well !

Sory for my spelling and sentences in my last post ... I think, I write while I sleep !!

yes i do have a stripe heater
    if you need some thing bend maybe just bring you acrylic and i will bend it for you

Thank you very much Harley! This is kind!