Mozilla Firefox for windows

I have recently switch to Mozilla Firefox and thus far i'm extremly impressed.

I was trying to remember about a month or two ago either JROCK or OSALTY where asking about pop ups and IE.

Guys try this one out. Since I started using it no pops.

It's free and I find it way better than IE

It is just like the linux Mozilla

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I have Zone Alarms full version and it kills anything and everything you ask it to kill. I will still check out the link as I know many who do not know how to manage pop ups and banner ads. Thanks for the link CMAN.
    Rob

I've been using it for the last three weeks and I think it rocks.

Its just like a nice uv light Rob its kills everything:guns:
    Derik...

I just installed it...and it looks very good till now thanks!!!
    Derik...

If you want similar features but with IE just download Avant browser www.avantbrowser.com .

It uses the IE ocx.
    It has a built in popup blocker as well, in addition it has tabbed browsing, mouse gesture recognition, roboform integration (keeps passwords organised and safe), built in search bar which can be set to any search engine you want, and you dont have to worry about not being able to render some websites which use MS only html tags (which firefox/mozilla sometimes have problems with).

Of course, you do have to still worry about the bugs and exploits associated with IE, but then again, there are some comming out for mozilla/firefox too.
    -Dazz

Thanks alot dazz i will try them both out and see wich ones the best
    Derik...

I also have installed it and YES it is much FASTER You will however have to get yourself a free version of Java if other sites you visit need it. Or at least I had to anyway. OH also just noticed that I have lost my web spell checker so LOOK OUT LOL LOL LOL
    Rob

With firefox, you can check out Extensions that you can install. These are written by other people to enhance Firefox. You pick and choose which extension you install. One of the better ones is called Adblock. You can actually specify individual ads that you want blocked (from sites you visit frequently) and the page will load as if the ad was never there. Pretty nifty. That along with the popup blocker and you're pretty much safe from spam while surfing.
    thanks.
    thien

liv
    been running this for a while now... still love it.
    you should also try the latest thunderbird for your mail.. you can do filtering on imap... ahhh.. outlool express could'nt. it has a like 5mb footprint.. wow.. easy and stable.
    it just has a bit more trouble handling one of my boxes that has over 45000msg's... takes a bit of time to pole.. outlook does'nt have that issue.

oh.. and for the browser, you can change you look of it like themes, there are a bunch of people out there designing great ones.

I run this on my sun, on my x86 on linux and winblows.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30