Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pumpkin Carving!

Just thought I'd share some of the results of the pumpkin carving party with you all!

http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...hp?ppuser=1163
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

sweet, great job. Are you serving lobster for the adults on Halloween if so I am there

Unfortunately, lobster are out of season now but there will be pumpkin stew...served in the pumpkin and everything!
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

nobody poaching anymore Pumpkin stew...never had..

Oh there's poachin'! Just not where I'm at! Pumpkin stew is basically a beer stew already cooked, for the most part, and then placed in the pumpkin, in the oven, for the last 1/2 hour of cooking time. It is awesome!
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

mmmm beer and in a stew....I bet it is yummy...wonder if my sister in St John's makes that also....is that an Island recipe?

I don't think it's native to NL but if you know how to make stew, then all you do is use beer instead of water. Makes a huge difference in the taste as well as helping to tederize the meat. I do all my stews this way, be it beef or pork. It is absolutely yummy! The difference with doing it in a pumpkin is that you can scrape a little pumpkin off of the inside and serve it on top of the stew! It is truly divine as far as stews go!
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Me thinks me shall give that a try this weekend at the cottage...just reg beef stew no water beer eh! Keith's will work oui?

Any type will do! Trust me, you will taste the difference and love it!
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Here's some patterns for Nemo and his buddies:

http://carvingpumpkins.com/kids/findingnemo/
    Man cannot live on bread alone --
    He must also have his peanut butter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast