Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy victim of the majestic lionfish

Well today i wanted to trade my lawnmower blennie to a buddy before the lion ate him....Well him and his GF arrived at my place,The blennie was nowhere to be found......I thought my lion had a big belly for the amount i fed him......well I guess he decided to have a late night lunch...
    Derik...

This morning he still got a big belly......he looks all proud of himself showing his fins saying ,hey this is my tank I eat what i want.........Thats weird,I see the blennie in the morning and in the afternoon hes gone.......on the day i want to trade him....ah well,when they say that lion eats whatever fits in there mouths I guess The blennnie fitted pretty well ehehh
    Derik...

How old is the lion? It might just be he finally realized he was big enough to eat the blenny & did.

Sorry to hear about it though.
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

I imagine hes about 1 year old.......My fault for the blennie....You dont put a blennie with a lion ehehhe
    Derik...

RIP blennie.... but my maso side says... that would of been cool to actualy see it happen! hehehe

Side note: when we had a snowflake eel we used to feed it goldfish once in a while and we always had a full house for viewing (I know it's sick lol ) Snow decided that it would try evolution quickly and try her hand at living on dry land.... the eel lost!
    Carol
    Can we fit one more tank? :P
    Dont mind my spelling mistakes I've got an excuse...I'M FRENCH!

Yeah I've kept preditory FW fish, anything that fits in the mouth is food. I got out of it because my daughter was getting quite upset about the big fish eating the feeders we just picked up from the LFS. It was easier to switch than explain it to a 3 year old (at the time )

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Ok, now I'm more convinced than ever to set up a new tank for my baby lionfish. Sorry to hear about your blenny volitan.
    Susan

YEah i know..when you pay 30$ for a fish and he gets eaten you at least want to see it...i think its time to set up a web cam
    Derik...

ahaha you have a volitan?Or what type
    Derik...

Heh, I didn't want to tell you after not going for the one at the store you recommended. It was after that. I saw one in a local store, less than 3" long, too cute to just leave there I have to admit it was a serious impulse buy but I really love this fish. It's a volitan like yours but darker. I don't think he's going to be black but he has some black and some red stripes. I named him Leo.

He's in my 25g quarantine tank for now but in the new year I'm going to set up another tank for him I think. I might put a moray in with him when he gets bigger.

He's still eating live ghost shrimp. We've had a few battles of will over frozen food but we're getting there. He's VERY good at begging for food and I'm a real softie
    Susan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast