Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

UPS Strikes again

I'm really not happy with these guys.

The first strike was trying to charge me a $15 brokerage fee on a warrenty replacement item shipped from the US. It had a declared $25 value on it and I had to wait an extra week while they got their heads out of their nether regions and gave up on the charge.

Likely because I told them to send it back to customes & I'll go get it from there.

I was supposed to get my RO/DI unit shipped no later than 8pm yesterday. No arrival & the attitude I'm getting from them is "Yeah so? What do you want me to do about it?"

Even talking to a manager, was dismal. Their website says gaurenteed by 8pm yesterday & their resistant to do *anything* to fix it.

All I'm asking for is for them to find it and get it to me today. My Dad's driving 6 hours to help me hang the last of the sheet rock in my laundry room. I want the damn RO filter plumbed in before I put sheet rock up in that area.

I'm seething mad at UPS right now, not because they missed a deadline, crap happens. I'm P.O.'d because of the flippant attitude I'm getting when I ask how they're going to fix the porblem.

If it's up to me, I'll never use UPS to ship anything again.

Cheers!

i boycot those guys especcially for international ship....use posts...alot better and cheaper
    Derik...

That's my preference, but the people I buy from don't always offer alternate shipping. Everytime I've been forced to use UPS I've been dissapointed.

It's getting to the point where I'm considering not buying from a company that will only ship UPS.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

thats what i do....Just tell them before that you will not buy if they dont ship via USPS....and not UPS.....If they want to make a sale they will do that....its not harrder to ship via USPS and Should have the alternative you are paying...if not well they dont deserve your business
    Derik...

UPS is very bad indeed.

I once ordered something from US. The value is about CDN$300. Then when the package arrived I was not at home and my wife refused to pay as they asked for about $100 for the fees and taxes.

So UPS came next time I asked my son to pay them with CASH! Wrong decision.

You know what, that UPS delivery guy must have kept the cash and enjoy the night.

I didn't know until a collection company called me and asked for the $.

Luckily I kept the UPS receipt. But still need numerous phone calls and emails to get out.

So lesson learned:
    1. Don't use UPS.
    2. Don't pay CASH.

Have you noticed that everyone still uses them to ship...

E-bay is a great example...I bet you e-bay has made UPS Millions...

Boycot...I agree I always try not to use them.
    All I want for Christmas is my other toes...:jump3:

there's always someone there to rip you off.......I bought a 85 $ item once and it cost me 40$ of ups charges.........this hobby is expensive enough as it is and we should keep our money to give to fish and equipement retailer,like IJO eheh instead of giving it to the ups people who are laughing at us
    Derik...

Here's the lastest. My tracking number still has the filter in B.C. They tell me it's definately somewhere in Ottawa, but it seems for all of Ottawa there's only one clerk working the desk that can find out where that package must be.

Oh and that clerk is now off work until 4pm.

Now I'm getting that it might be delivered on Monday. I suggested that if they can't get it here today, I could give them the number for Purolator who I'm sure would be happy to pick it up from them and get it to me today.

I'm also completely annoyed that they can't start a trace on the package until this extremely vital person arrive back at work at 4pm. How the heck to they stay in business?

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

no business from me anymore...and you too i presume...your paying for this service of tracking and you should know exactly were your parcel is....give more pressure and tell them that it is a crucial item that you need and need it now!!!
    Derik...

You'all thaink thats bad....try paying customs and taxes on a 14 year old cat at the airport. My daughter just could not live without her cat, so my x sent him up here from Fla....well when we went to pick him up customs wanted us to declare how much he was worth. Now come on please tell me how can you place a $ amount on a loved one. Well customs did, it was the amount of the airline ticket, plus tax. If I remember correctly it cost us another 50$. Never Again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast