Advertisement threads! lol

I was posting a reply to that advertisment thread posted earlier from that H20 guy, then I try and submit and get "You do not have permission to access this page."

Then I check front page, lol heh, one of the mods must of beaten me to it and removed the thread, I was gonna post my reply about this beeing a community of people who ENJOY the hobby and like to do their own things for the satisfaction. NOT for people who just pay money out of their @$$ just for the "look" and not really care about the hobby. Ah well....it was removed, no harm done I guess..

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

Sneaky little bugger to put that up on here now wasn't he. LOL

It's really great that so many people here are so protective of "our" board. It really says a lot about the community that everyones input has helped build here
    Rob

Its funny..its like going at zellers and posting a bbq for sale or something.....I like the replies to it too...sorry buddy but your not allowed here...
    Derik...

IMO, even that ad thread is still here there is still no harm done. It is a service that someone may be glad to know and to have. H2O is not selling goods and live stocks. But again, this may be the policy of this board that won't allow any advertisements.

Bear in mind that not everyone visits this board is a DIYer. Myself is NOT at all. And please note that there may be someone visits here is rich (me excluded) and likes the hobby but just can't do the decorating things that some professionals do. For example, Susan has also to enlist a carpenter to do the in wall project.

Just my 2 cents.

He does provide a very good service for people who CANNOT(offices, restaurants, doctors,...) OR DO NOT want to do their own maintenance or build/setup their tanks, im not taking that away from him. And I wasn't trying to say that everyone here is a DIY modder but obviously if your on these boards looking for answers you must either be doing your own maintenance or looking to do some DIY for your tank, and that is both the services he provides... IMO, if you are looking for the easy way out to have someone setup your tank for you,meaning you have enough money to pay to get it done by someone else, your obviously not going to waste your times on boards trying to find out whats going on with your tank, you would just call your "service man" and dish out more money, cause when you have lots, who cares right ??

I did not want to flame or say his service was bad, just wanted to raise a point that this isnt the best place to put that ad specifically, now on the other hand if he was JUST selling stuff like pre-built canopy's/lighting retrofit kit/etc.. as a conveniance for people who still want to do most of their work on their tank but don't have the skills to craft their own hood or what not...then I would have not seen a problem..

AK

ijo
    For the record... I am working on a LMS section for the site... LMS you ask? hehe same idea as the LFS(Local Fish Store Search) but for Maintenance. This way the ads will not be on the forums looking like spam... someone looking for help could easily find it in their area by using the search... there will also be a review and bio section.... thoughts?

IJO

I think its a great idea to have it in its special section rather than on the boards, just like your LFS which I may add is a nice touch, even though I don't use it cause I always buy my stuff from AC, also cause all the other LFS in my area are crap (Big Al's) except for Marinescape. Review section you mean for the LFS ?? Bio section im assuming fish facts/data...if so, thats a great idea!

AK