Montreal Fish Stores

Hi everyone! I recently joined this board and have been lurking in the background. ;-)

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a few good fish/aquarium related stores in Montreal. My wife and I are planning to go to Montreal this week-end and were wondering what are some of the better places to go, beside Big Al's of course. ;-)

Regards and thanks in advance,

Serge

Serge, First of all...Welcome to the board! You'll like it here! Great guys and great info!!!

Second of all... I was wondering the same thing a couple of weeks ago! Here is a link to the thread I had started! It has some good choices in it!

http://aquariacanada.com/forums/show...&threadid=5497
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

http://www.aquariacanada.com/LFSLocator/

Piatchie's thread has most of the info, but do check out the store locator.
    And for all those who haven't left reviews, please think about doing so. It is a great help to those who are new to the hobby (or area) and would like a basic idea of what to expect, where to go, and where to avoid

In montreal the BIg als is not like the one in ottawa...alot better and more healthy livestock...better staff too..just dont buy any equipement there
    Derik...

Thank you all for the quick responses! It's nice to see helpful people. 8-) Guess we will be visiting Big Al and Le corail this week-end.... weather permitting. =8-)

Regards,
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

If you want more of exotic fishes...go to octopus....i bought a few times there and had very good fish.....Another store is called Pet nature......Well twice i got fish that died a few weeks later from them....one fish just died and the other one that i bought from them......well stupid me I didnt quarantine and it wiped out my whole 150 gallon tank in 2 weeks...
    Derik...

The Nature pet store that Volitan is talking about won't be open this weekend. They just moved over by 2 stores in the same mall and are in the process of changing over the stock. It was supposed to be open on Wednesday, but when the girl in charge of the fish section brought me in to see. I would say at least 1 week before it opens.
    But let me tell you, from what I saw it is the absolute biggest pet store I have ever seen in my life.., even including some of the bigger ones I've seen in the States!! It is like a huge dep't store for animals. It's as huge as a Walmart almost!!! There is a bunch of impressive visual things too that will stun you in the fish dep't among the other dept's. I can't wait to see it fully functional.
    By the way, I have neve had any problems health wise with any of the livestock I have bought there and I have bought quite a bit!!

Maybe mine happened to be one of the few that were sick....still to me that store is banned for me.....losing well over 700$ in fish in 2 weeks......is enough for me.....But really..again it was my fault cause i did not quarantine
    Derik...

whose the lady you talk too?Is it a the boulv stjean one?is it a small little lady in the mid 30's approx......If so she's answered my questions very well all the times i went there...not just yes and no..she actually had very good and logic explanations on all the subjects.....
    Derik...

Volitan, I think that her name is Natalie. She's the one that seems to know the most over there. I've bought several fish there with no problem. However, I find the prices a little steep. Has anyone ever checked out Aqua-Tropicale on Ferrier street in Montreal, I hear that they are good. I

Gary