Unhappy Eaten Volitan Lion!!!

I have alittle story to share....As you all know i had to give up my nice 6-7 inche lionfish.I went over to my LFS were i bought him and gave him back,I asked the owner were was my lion?

So here's the story,

He sold it to one guy and the same week a morray eal ate his face,flipped him around and ate it!!!!!!!!!DO you imagine the size of the eal to eat a 6-7 volitan...he might of even been bigger too,but i know he was AT LEAST 6-7 inches....I would of never though in 100year that could happen..i mean considering the size of the volitan.
    Derik...

Sorry to hear that Volitan! i know how much you liked your Lion!

That must be some Eel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oof: Wouldn't want to cross his path!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Apparently is a monster..i seen him a while back but apparently he is BIGGGG now
    Derik...

I don't believe it Derik. Eels can get big even in home tanks but for an eel to eat a Lion fish and not get stuck and poisoned somewhere along the way ... is really hard to believe. I would have to see it to believe it.
    Rob

This guy is not a liar..I dont see any reason he would..as he is not that type of guy....and in 20 years of selling and keeping fish(wich he keeps alot of big fish)never saw or heard of anything like it.....lions often get eaten in the wild especially when small..lions eat other lions too and dont die from it....I seen that eel a while back and it was a monster back then..i never saw any eel that big.....the teeths on that thing were uge..weeble probably saw it too....the guy who owns that eel lives close weeble too...
    Derik...

I don't think the owner of the store is Lying Derik... He is repeating what he was told by the buyer. I have seen many eels eating and they would never turn a fish around and eat them tail first. Like snakes they MUST eat their prey head first. For eels this is even more important so that the fins of fish fold flat to the body or the meal will not be consumable. They also tend to move the food a little backward between each forward swallowing motion. It is just the way the muscles in their throat work. This is not an issue with most fish however with a lion fish that backward movement would lead to stings from the lions fin tips and the eel would soon be in serious trouble. It just seems very unlikely. Perhaps the buyer just did not want to tell the shop keeper that it died? Many aquarium hobbyist do not like to admit that they lost a fish to a shop keeper and i have over heard some real odd stories over the years. In any case it is really not important. I am however sorry to hear that the lion is gone.
    Rob

I would have to agree with Rob on this one Derik. It's just the natural way these animals do what they do... But I too am sorry for you!!

I'm sorry it died too.
    Whatever the reasons may be.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

i might of been overwelmed by what he said......because i saw that eel and it was uge....maybe he just bit his head off....or maybe like Rob said the owner just didnt want to admit that he did something wrong.....just for the fun of it im going to ask the guy himself....cause i read a few places..one place was on wet web media and bob fenner was saying that they found lions in some fishes stomach..even lion them selves..but i does make sense what you are saying rob...as usual ehehe
    Derik...