Thread: VoiP??

VoiP??

Has anyone tried VoiP telephone service????....... I have had mine running for a week now and it is great!!!!!........ Same quality as bell for 1/4 of the price

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Jagger,
    I was considering it... and came real close to going with www.vonage.ca if it wasn't for the fact that my wife doesn't like changing service providers... be it bell, videotron, etc..

I know someone who's been using Vonage's service for months now and has never had to call their support desk. In fact he raves about it.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Do these setups have a console to interface with? Or do you use a PC interface?

I have VoIP through a work trial and once I VPN into work, it is as if I am on the work phone network. Good quality. My laptop becomes a fairly bulky but effective "portable" phone.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

i signed up with primus 10$ cheaper than vonage. and vonage had a 120$ Activation fee , and primus sent me 2 decent cordless phones...... if anyone is intrested in signing up ,you can use me as a referral and i would get a 30$ credit and you would get a 15$ credit

Another freeware service is Skype. The basic pc->pc calls are free and their rates are competitively priced for pc->telephone calls. I believe it's http://www.skype.com . I know quite a few people using it.