Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Backstabbed!

Backstabbed!

Have you guys seen this? Too funny:
    http://www.agora-inc.com/reports/OST/WOSTF307/

I like how they refer to it as "their oil". Yeesh!
    Susan

Too funny. America has been enjoying Canada's resources for decades. All the hydro, natural gas, coal, crude oil, lumber, metals, are all sent down at bargain basement prices with illegal tariffs. To say that 'we' are backstabbers is ridiculous to say the least. America has been pushing for a global market for along time now, and now that the world is moving closer to it, why would they object? Why can't Canada sell our resources to whomever we choose? America doesn't ask us if they can sell things to China, so why would we have to ask them? It's all fair considering it based on capitatism isn't it?
    George

And another thing (while i'm still worked up). Who is the major force in fueling China's industrialization and pumping up their demand for more resources to begin with? It's the US!
    George

Hey Flame, I didnt read the whole thing but could I ask you, who is saying "their oil"? The US? So if I understand what Ive read of this link is it would be wise to invest in Canadian oil stocks while theyre low.?
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

OMG, best quotes ever!!

"Those backstabbing Canucks do nothing but leach off our economy - like the way they undercut us on prescription drugs. They owe us that oil!"

"Without our protection, Canada's the natural resources equivalent of Fort Knox guarded by a 'No Trespassing' sign and a Chihuahua. Can't we just take the oil? You said they don't have an army..."

What's wrong with a guard-Chihuahua?

This is ODD. I just heard on the radio a few hours ago that oil demands in China are expected to SOFTEN and that softening will bring down the price of oil worldwide due to weaker demand???
    Rob

Mel
    Umm.. folks.. If you read the whole thing you'll realize that they are looking for money at various "buy-in" levels to take advantage of this supposed Canada to China oil deal. This is no different than the numerous junk email that I'm sure we all delete daily looking to separate us and our money. Worst of all, it's likely a hoax which is preying on peoples emotions (not to mention their naiveté).

Yes, but it's still entertaining to read.

It seems to me that this is as rigourus as a midnight natural cures infopub!! We don't know from where these informations come! We don't know know from who are the citation that are in the text!

To me it seems like a big fake contribution!!

Oil trade is a free trade all over the world the buyer ( the refinery like shell) are price takers and buy their oil at the market price! Even USA would benifit from an increase, due to Canada's production increase. The more oil is pumped every day the lower the market price is...

IMO this like reef information, you have to take it with scepticism and criticism!

Steve

It is just my opinion, I don't want to offend anyone who have a different point of view on that...

George,

I think you're taking a junk mail and applying it as your source for American attitudes towards Canadians. The script you've just read is a ploy to get you to buy a book supposedly holding "all the secrets" about the Canadian stock trade. Whoever published that website is probably not only selling a book/manual, but also trying to practice in insider trading - advertising a stock that they have themselves invested in and are now hoping to cash in because people read their website, buy the stock (which will rise simply because of this), and then sell the stocks for a profit.

The fact that you have taken a hyperbole shinanigan and applied it to Americans such as me is almost as offensive as it is ignorant. I believe that it is the blatant generalization that has most disgusted me. You are portraying a self-image that is quick to judge and slow to think.

As an American, I was raised in Ontario. I now live in a Texas plains town called Lubbock. As soon as I gain my fortune I will be purchasing a cottage in Northern Ontario and moving back up North to finish out my days as happily as possible. I will reunite with old friends, and openly embrace new ones - regardless of their nationality, but dependant upon their lack of racism as I will never not be an American.

Now I by no means want to start some lousy US vs CAN debate. I love both countries. I only wish that people would resort to generalizations and judgements that have the potential to so openly and negatively affect the other users on this site - and in the real world, for that matter.
    "Killed your clownfish? That's 30 days in the electric chair for you!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast