Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Livestock On PLane ?

Well, my friend is coming back to NS from Toronto soon. Is it possible to bring along livestock on plane WITHIN canada? I just want some cleaner shrimps and hermit crabs. Anyone knows?

Gary :gangshoot :cop: :gun3:

it's no problem I brought fish and cleaner shrimp from Newfoundland to Fredericton. Asl Long as they can see through the bag. I had then in a clear bag and a Insulated lunch bag.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Thx Mike!! How did you prevent suffocation in the fish bag?

Packing them with pure oxygen will give you about 12 hours travel time. Only about 4 hours with normal air. I'm sure you could push a little more time but those are just safe figures.

I was going to bring fish back from Montreal in January. The Security people told me it was fine, as did Air Canada. Like Mike said, as long as they can see through the bag. They will even hand inspect them if you want so they don't need to go throughthe e-ray machine! They have to x-ray the cooler bag though.
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

I've seen warnings that the acceptability of salt water items on planes can be dependent on the cabin staff on each particular plane. As I understand it, the captain has the right to declare items 'not suitable' even if they pass security and general policy. One concern is the risk of leaking. As we know saltwater and electricity don't mix. Staff might get concerned that a leak could short out some electrical supplies. I would make sure stuff was double (or triple) bagged and stored inside a water-tight cooler or similar container.
    Nick

As bad as this sounds I just kept them in the bags they were in with no oxygen. It's only like a couple hour flight. I actually flew into Moncton and it was an hour and a half drive after the flight and everything went smooth!!
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Thx a lot for all the infomation guys!! Sometimes, I've been thinking if the price differece worth all the troubles... But it's just the fact that the price in Halifax is ridiculous, 49.99 for a cleaner shrimp, 179.99 for a powder blue, etc...sigh

prices

were u getting those prices from at aqua creations there 59.99 and same at pets unlimited. and i have not even bothered to look at the powder blue.

kinda pricy

I also carryed a few corals from Toronto to Montreal.

The security people didn't ask any questions.

-yvest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast