Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coral selection in ottawa area..

i was in and out of stores the last month and noticed that there arn't that many nice corals forsale..

most nice corals i've seen are out of town.. even J&L are out of most their good stock..

lol.. just wondering your thoughts?

and frags.. i haven't seen any frags forsale for a bit aswell..

Cool

can you be more specific? LPS,SPS softies?
    SPS seem to be on the slow side right now but your really not setup to keep most of the real nice SPS corals anyways. most [I say most] will brown out under VHO.and its not worth spending big bucks on corals/frags that will brown out, theres a ton! of zoos and softies/gorgs at AC right now just not on the site: SPS should start picking up soon. winter months are normaly slow as it cost more to keep the packs heated. IMO

Has there ever been a Thread on explaining what the difference is between LPS,SPS,and softies? Maybe thats something someone could start up. If it hasn't already. I can't remember ever seeing a thread on it. I think alot of newbies like myself would benefit on reading about that. Some points ie lighting conditions, water flow, how much space they need, I know pretty much every coral is different but if ya keep it general to the general types that would be great!!!

Just a thought.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Talking

go ahead, start up a thread then. its a good idea.
    But, I find that if you've made it this far as to actually be on a site, by now most if not all probaly know the distinction between LPS,SPS and softies. those are pretty generic terms as theres just so much out there LOL.

I mean't LPS,zoo's some softies.. no acros or hard sps..

ivan has lots of zoos last time i was there but all pretty much the common types.. no real bright morphs.. although a saw some nice torches but hes putting them in his sons nano lol..

even clams seem to be on the lay-low.. im looking for a derasa (spelling)

it seems to fluctuate with what ever the divers/farmers are shipping out/collecting. also, theres alot of whats called cherry picking. this is normally reserved for customers whom spend alot! of coin and get to basically be there when the shippent arrives. then the few primo corals/clams get snagged up. happens all the time. you just have to keep your eyes peeled for frags and or attend MASO meeting with coin but the real real nice stuff cost big bucks and can be found. thats were the patience thing comes in

Thats why I would like to order something from zomania.

hmm.. cool..

ijo
    Fisherman: When we receive zoo shipments... most of them have brown in them... I assume this is because they were gathered from the shallow waters... as they get deeper they seem to get more colorful... given time(4-6 weeks) under our 14k MH lamps and VHO actinics... most of these dull zoo rocks turn out to be something special... experienced reefers will spot these dull zoo's now and buy them at big discounts. This is more than likely why you do not get to see many brightly colored zoo's in retail stores and only get to drool over them in jpg/gif format online. We plan to fix this issue by keeping at least one of each color morph to offer as frags. We currently have many zoo frags in stock from purples, oranges, greens, pinks, blue(not like the tangman pics though… lol). It’ll just take a bit of time for me to update the cart… LIV!!!! Where is your camera?!?!?! hehe

IJO

cool i might have to stop by and take a peek..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast