Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up I Hate Paypay!!!

the thread says it all. If you transfer money from your bank account [which I did] it takes 5 to 7 business days! to process.
    same if someone sends you money. it could take a week before you see it and plus there rates are costley!
    with online e-mail banking at least its instant. I've been waiting since APRIL 11TH for money. sucks

Yes I heard Paypal takes seven days wonder how much interest they make on everyones money daily

well, I think that they get there money per transaction but its just because were in CANADA. at least thats what the lady said when I spoke to her. I'll never use them again.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Yes,
    Paypal can take anywhere from 7 to 10 BUSINESS days to process your money transfer to your bank account.
    The first time I did this, I was upset. Now it's just something I take into consideration when transferring funds from my paypal account. Sometimes I just leave the money there for my next eBay or paypal transaction....

In the end, if doing online business with people in the US, you'll have to resort to Paypal since Certapay only works for Canadians.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

The allmighty US, a bit off topic here but I purchased a compact fixture from an aquatic seller in Texas on Ebay the item arrived damaged. It was insured and the seller has been paid by UPS it has been 6 mths and he wont pay me nor will he respond to my Emails. In actuality he has been paid twice once by me and once by UPS,the phrase "F--- the Canuck" comes to my mind.

Be aware that Paypal can freeze your bank account. I would only use credit card transaction with Paypal. Too many risk otherwise. Even if it's a mistake on their part, i can take up to three months for them to fix the error. It's your money.

Money order, email money transfer (this works with certain US banks), wire transfer.

Yes I have also heard that as well I only use one almost maxed out credit card for purchases.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    LT Hook, Fishpassion,
    THat story of Paypal freezing your bank account is a hoax. A major financial institution like a bank would not freeze your account over a paypal transaction.

I have been using Paypal for years with my credit card AND bank account... never had a problem.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

liv
    I had trouble with them too... long story short... they trust your email and your address when you were registered before anything else.

I changed ISP's and changed address.. so i can't reset my acct... so I must re-register.. i didn't bother.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

I've changed my e-mail and address with them about 4 times with no problem. well one time was a bit of a prob as I could not remember my old e-mail that I used, but it the end I got it changed without having to re-register. That being said I don't particularly like using em but they are convenient for online purachases.
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast