Help... wiring end caps for VHO bulbs

I have 2 pair of end caps for vho bulbs and would like to wire them up to hold two vho bulbs. I have no problem wiring the ballast side. How do you insert/attach wire to the end caps and make them stay ? Also i'll be attaching both bulbs to the parabollic reflectors. Any idea how i can do that ?

thanks.

What kind of endcap are you using? The IceCap endcaps have a small hole in the bottom that you insert the lead through. There are spring loaded metal clips that will automatically grab the lead and prevent it from coming back out again.

I'm not sure about your reflector question, but most parabolic reflectors for fluorescent bulbs have clips that attach directly to the bulb.
    Jason Nugent
    http://malhavoc.homeunix.com/
    ReefCentral Admin

180 gallon Oceanic with Lifereef Sump, 33 gallon with VHO, 20 gallon frag tank with MH

Originally posted by MalHavoc
    What kind of endcap are you using? The IceCap endcaps have a small hole in the bottom that you insert the lead through. There are spring loaded metal clips that will automatically grab the lead and prevent it from coming back out again.

I'm not sure about your reflector question, but most parabolic reflectors for fluorescent bulbs have clips that attach directly to the bulb.
    sorry i should have been more clear. I have the German made vho end caps and PFO parabolic reflector for metal halide.

I'll look for the small hole in the endcaps that you mentioned.

thanks.

Cool

PFO reflectors are predrilled for endcaps and if the holes don't match your german ones then just drill. I thought you had bought ICECAP endcaps off of IVAN?? any how, I also added a strip of wood along the edge of the PFO reflector because I found it to flimsy when trying to change or wipe lamps. you just need to use wood screws and screw throught the reflector from the inside. or,,,
    you can make your own seperate holder out of 2x2 wood with the endcaps attached to this,then you can hang it.

All endcaps are wired the same.. 3 piece german or icecap endcaps. just plug the wire into the endcaps.

Thanks a lot gentlement.
    90G bb mixed reef set up in April 2005. I had 40g mixed reef for one year before that