Air conditioning guys????

I have decided to put in central air and want to know if there are any people in the AC business and is also in Ottawa that I could possibility buy the unit and install from.
    PM me please.
    Rob

OH no not another pony panel thread

Ya know AC units are really not that tough to put in.

Really they aren't, the lines come pre charged, tin tap the plenum and your done with the exception of running juice to it and connecting the stat.

It's the warranty that gets most people from giving it a go.

If you know of any tin tapers they would likely do the job for cash you buy the material. AC units typically come with a warranty anyway.

Hey I got it!
    We could swap out the panel and install the AC in one shot this would be a few more than a couple of frags though

Lou

IMO, do it right, call an HVAC pro. many out there. DIRECT ENERGY is the one we went with. get an exstended warranty as well.

Who said I wasn't a HVAC pro too, may even have a gas ticket as well hehe.

Hmm well may have let the gas ticket slide though, well I didn't use it much any how..

Really Johnny is right.

Good luck

Lou

Hey Louis . I am going to use the existing panel because it dose still have 2 available poles left. Changing out the panel will not give me move supply amps so there is no sense at this time to change it. I can do that down the road as a simple upgrade. I never even considered installing it myself. Am I even allowed to install my own AC unit?
    Rob

Ya, might just as well use the spare spots in the panel, good choice, more cash for reefin

Unless you have conections it can be difficult to get an AC

You need some tin tapper buds.

Check around at the local AC places or like Johnny suggested get an estimate from direct energy.

Hey!
    Talk to the furnace guy, he may know a company that sells them and do a cash job for ya.

Extended warranty is OK but most AC units worth buying are fairly well buit, the compressor is the real money but you never know sometimes when you don't buy the extended warranty that is when it breaks down LOL

so far 12 years and still working fine I bought the extended warranty to, it ran out 6 or so years ago.

Good luck
    Lou

Will My furnace is only about 2 years only and I always take the seasonal tune up / insurance coverage on it. If I buy for them I can do the same thing on the AC unit. Likely easiest to just call them and ask for a price. They were very fair on the furnace.
    Rob