white spaflex tubing

is this type good for aquariums? it seems to have asmell of plastic rubber to it, is the smell safe?

I'm using it for my tank. I got the 2" from Savko in the states. You could also get it at club piscine. A lot of people areusing it. I believe it is completly safe.

It shouldn't smell too much of rubber, you can glue it with PCV glue, so, it should be mostly PVC. It is, I'm sure, a composite of different materials. When you cut it, you will see a spiral "cable" of some tough material.

Lots of people are using it.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    xlink,
    I plumbed most of my tank with spaflex.
    There's no problem at all using it. Let the pvc glue cure for a good 24hours before running water through it.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

thanks everybody for there input.

Tony,
    I too was using it when I upgraded my sump. The smell is like a new car..., it will go away soon enough. It is 100% safe. It is also sometimes called "milk braid" because it is used in the food industry for plumbing the milk processing machines and therefore 100% safe. You can use regular PVC glue, but I HIGHLY recommend using the flexible glue designed especially for it. This is because since it is flexible, you can flex a joint and crack the regular hard PVC glue. The glue made for it is more gel like and stays softer/flexible even when dry. They used to sell it at Club Piscine bu no longer do. Joseph did a whole lot of research right down to contacting the company for a seller and it ended up no one in Mtl. carries it anymore, but can be ordered from Savko ( which is where Jospeh ended up ordering a can from).

i bought some at club pisine in laval ,it smells like a new car,and the smell went away.you know your stuff .thanks