Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Another Computer Question

Every time a start up my NERO burn program i receive a message telling me that my Burners are not set up for "direct memory access". I am then allowed to run the programs memory manager and restart my computer. The same message is posted when I reopen NERO. How can I set my CD ROMs for Direct memory access so that the setting will remain changed?
    Rob

what version of Windows?

Jer
    Its the early bird that gets the worm, but its the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Funnt thing rob ..a few months ago i regormatted my computer and i installed all my programs again....then a few weeks later i went to burn a cd and it said the same message...i uninstalled and reinstalled and i fixed it.Not sure if it has anything to do with that or its a coincidence but it worked
    Derik...

Originally posted by kjasjg
    what version of Windows?

Jer
    Sorry ... WIN XP
    Rob

I have seen similar problems with nero unfortunately. In XP however the burner software is built-in so you don't need nero.

It may not be as nice but it works better than nero. Simply open windows explorer and drag the file onto the drive a message box should appear telling you what to do next.

If you are burning music the latest versions (freeware) of WinAmp, Real and Windows media players are all better than nero.

Jer
    Its the early bird that gets the worm, but its the second mouse that gets the cheese.

I do DVDs as well. Dose XP do DVD? NERO is working good for me. I'm just tired of that message poping up all the time. I always select "NO" to the run memory manager question now but was sure there was a way to set the burners (have 2) so that this direct access would be set once and for all.
    Rob

Start->Settings->Control Panel->Device Manager->CD-ROM-> < drive name > -> Settings -> DMA

This was the avenue to set it in 2K NT and 98 I'm not as familiar with XP but it should be in teh same general area.

Jer

Sorry it took so long I had to ferret around XP. \

Click start, right click my computer, select properties,choose device manager, expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

On each IDE channel choose properties and advanced tab and change the DMA settings as required.

Hope this helps

Jer

I couldn't find it in the properties box in the named CD in the device manager. I'll look again
    thanks
    Rob

Incedently do you know the IDE channel that the device on?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast