Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: music dowloads

music dowloads

ya...ya...ya...its illegal... but im asking the question anyways...

what sites/programs are you guys using to download music from.

ive used limewire and it caused tons of trouble with my connection, then i switched to kazaa and that's full off pop up's..... so....what are you using?

Hypothetically speaking, sharaza might be worth checking out...
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Re: music dowloads

Originally posted by atlantic
    ya...ya...ya...its illegal... but im asking the question anyways...

what sites/programs are you guys using to download music from.

ive used limewire and it caused tons of trouble with my connection, then i switched to kazaa and that's full off pop up's..... so....what are you using?
    It's NOT illegal in Canada to download Music.
    Rob

not illegal to download, but apparently its illegal to upload it to the internet, but your right.
    I'm a bit torrent guy all the way, do a search on google for a bit torrent program, download and install it then you just find any bit torrent website like www.torrentspy.com and you can download anything from it, movies music games apps etc. You don't have to worry about a bunch of spyware this way, or sharing files from your computer
    Mark
    50 Gal SPS/LPS Mixed Reef
    25 Gal Fuge
    Neptune Aquacontroller
    Pro Cal Calcium Reactor
    Acrylic City Kalk Reactor
    Euroreef CS6-3 Skimmer
    2x175W MH 1x250W MH 2x65W Actinics

Actually it's not illegal in Canada to expose your music collection, or any copywrited material for that matter to a peer-to-peer program.

If the down-loader doesn't legitimately have access to those materials, (i.e. own a copy) they they're violating the copyright.

It's the same reason Staples can't get busted for providing photo copies. Their facilities and service are legal, how you use it may not be.

In the U.S. both sides can be nailed. That makes the RIAA's life much easier, because finding the down loaders is almost impossible. Finding the hosts is easy. I just need to supeona your ISP for your contact info based on the IP you use.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

I always set my peer to peer programs to "no sharing allowed" and do not allow my machine to be a "super node". This way I can never be convicted of allowing uploads, sharing copy righted material etc. I could only be charged with having it and in Canada, for the time being, that remains legal.
    Rob

18,000.00 mp3`s and 8 yrs later still no RIAA at my door Yet!!!
    never really even thought about it i used to run a FTP server with a static ip back in the day when you could get them from rogers. ratio the downloads and i let the server run 24/7 for almost a year man those were the days.
    The newer way P 2 P is a lot easer but it can open a host of trouble for you.
    I have tried most of them and when i use them its E-Mule. The problem with P2p is The amout of ports opened up by them just run (Netstat -a in command prompt) with out the p2p open then run it again after you open your P2p programe to many ports need to be open for it to work at least with FTP you can specifiy what ones to use ie: port 21

Atlantics.. first post about problems with his connection is most likley due to the spy ware calling home limewire is really bad for that

Originally posted by orion
    Atlantics.. first post about problems with his connection is most likley due to the spy ware calling home limewire is really bad for that

ahhhh...thanks.... i had no idea why that was happening.

Im not using any those crappy sites...I always use torrent reactor.That way you get ALL the ablum and not only one song at a time.I get some mvies there too.

http://www.torrentreactor.net/
    Derik...

Did you try DC++ (it's not C++).
    DC++ is a hub client.
    Download it, Install it, run it.
    When in, get the list of public hubs (it's huge).
    Pick as many as you need.
    You hav eto setup your client and some hubs require minimum MB's sharing to log in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast