Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Satellite Radio

Satellite Radio

Does anyone here have Satellite radio? I just got it and man I don't think i'll ever go back to listening to regular radio again. It's awesome. I can't wait to drive from Barrie to St. John's now!!!LOL Well sorta....
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

ijo
    A Satellite radio player in your car? nice!! I've heard of online radio stations but never Satellite radio.

The problem with radio is you more than likely need to be in a big city to find one that you like... I guess this won't be a problem anymore with Satellite radio :thumb:

IJO

Did you get XM or sirius Mike?

Personally I like XM much more since they carry the Opie and Anthony show. =)
    -Dazz

Which service did you go with? I'd looked into it, but I was hoping Starchoice or Express View would start an offering that I could just tack onto the sat bill I alread get

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

I went with Sirius. I love it. It's so much better than traditional radio. Sirius is getting Howard Stern in Janurary. Can't wait for that.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Yea, I'm not a fan of Howard
    -Dazz

I really do't have a bad thing to say about it yet. So much music to pick from 120 channels of mothing but music and then you have your sports, enterainment,and news on top of that.

Well the only real thing that I could complain about is thats it's not readilyavaible in canada yet. You still have to have an american address to get it. All the same you can just pick any american address and use that one. There isn't enything personnal ever sent to it. It's just a loop hole to get around. My address says that I live in New York. I've never been to NY in my life!!LOL. I still love it thou.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

How's the reception in a metro area (tall buildings)?
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Had my sirius for about a year now and I don't think I have listened to a regular radio station or even a CD since. Octane 20 is the best station going. No commercials and no censorship. Hair nation is also good because it plays all the music I listened to in junior high and high school. My brother in law even installed one in his boat for when we are wakeboarding. I have listened to both sirius and XM and I do prefer sirius but this is just my opinion. It does cut out every now and then in downtown Calgary around the tall buildings.

I got no problem with it so far. I got to say it's overall pretty good.

Lorney,
    Ya octane is an awesome channel. I also can't wait for the Martha Stwart channel thats going to be comming on next year!!!!Just jokingLOLLOLOL. But really they are getting a MS channel.LOL
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast