Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reefer Chicks?

Reefer Chicks?

Hey gals... I already posted this on aquariumpros.ca, but I'm thinking there might be some girls that frequent this board that might not visit the other, or vice versa. Regardless, I didn't want anyone to be left out.

I'm trying to get together a not-entirely-reef-related social group for regular "girls' night out" type deals. I figure we all have at least ONE thing in common, but you never know, we could form some pretty tight-knit friendships if we took ourselves out of the reef forum context.

I'm trying to get a list of interested girls together, including LOCATION and what you think would be real fun to do for a "girls night out" with a group of us. For instance:

I live in Pickering (so East GTA) and I'm really up for anything, ranging from getting dinner, catching a flick, indoor beach volleyball, whatever.

Interested? Reply here or send me a PM!
    Jenn

I don't think there are many of us but there are some, which my husband finds odd. He thinks that only women (and effeminate males) would be interested in such a *pretty* hobby. He finds it pretty but not appealing and doesn't see where men would find it in any way interesting and finds it odd that many do.

I'm not really close to you but with 2 kids, a dog, a cat, 4 aquariums (reef, planted community, goldfish/planted & baby guppy tank< temp), a chinchilla and a snake, I don't get much time to myself LOL

My spare time is usually spent at the gym or trying to figure out what I've forgotten to do LOL

PS my husband is not a homophobe whatsoever that's just his opinion on the hobby. ( I had to put that in for those who look for any opportunity to put in a nasty comment)

Haha i hear ya! Oh I'm hoping there are a few of us anyway. I just have so many guy friends, and a boyfriend whom I totally adore... But don't have many girlfriends, and I'd love some with this common interest... You have to admit, reefers ARE a different breed
    Jenn

Yes we are a different breed : I've sat around with friends (be male or female) and the look on their faces when you start talking about i.e. the weird thing your fish did today :drunk2: they look at you and quickly change the subject or just laugh and say you're nuts

I have 3 tanks and people say I'm nuts. More water than furniture. But the fish are better company and they don't hog the couch.
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad:

Well I'm a chick too...loll

And my husband is in the hobby as well. But I'm like Cake Fan when it comes to time. 3 kids and a home daycare, cat, birds, 3 saltwater tanks and a house to take care of I don't get anytime to go out!

I've learned that talking reefing to "normal" folks just brings this glassy look to their eyes so I try to avoid it..LOL
    Carol
    Can we fit one more tank? :P
    Dont mind my spelling mistakes I've got an excuse...I'M FRENCH!

LOL Carol why is it we women can juggle a dozen or more things that need to be done a day but a man goes nuts when he's given 2 :hammerhea LOL

reason number 8996 why fish are better than men :beer:
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad:

LOL

Well I was trying to come up with a list of "Men are Good for" but I only came up with a few so help me girls

1- Relief lives stresses :lovebirds :yum: :bananadan :fireman:

2- Carry / move heavy stuff

3- Build stuff (shelves, cages etc)

4- Kill the offending bug(s)

5- Give you an excuse to get out of something you don't really want to do

Anybody have anything to add? There must me more

LOL well this isn't QUITE what I had envisioned for this thread, but let's see...

I think men are fantastic! I LOVE my boyfriend to death... Men are great for:

1. Figuring out what's going on under the hood of the car that keeps stalling.

2. Giving you a jacket when you refused to wear one on the coldest night of the year cuz you didn't own one that went with your dress.

3. Reassuring you those jeans STILL look mint on you.

4. Carrying that 225-gallon fish tank down a flight of stairs.

Hey, I know that last one is related to one you posted, but really it makes me love him enough to (shudder) put a plastic diver in the reef because he wants it to be "our tank". Okay okay, so you're not here to see how darn cute he is when he says it. LOL.
    Jenn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast