Question How to move 150 gal. of water..???

Hi everyone. As the title indicates, I am looking for suggestions on how to move 150 gal. of waters. Where do you buy/rent pails to move that kind of water? It looks like I will be moving on Sept. 16 or 17 and I have to start planning the move of my tank. Darn! I'll miss the MASO meeting at pwall's place!

5 gallon bucjets from Big Al/Home Depot could run a bit expensive.

Thanks for your time folks!

Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Serge,
    Unfortunately, anything larger than a 5gal container would start getting to heavy to move. You have to think of weight as well....
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

So your comming to Rockland. Cool another reefer in town. I would suggest not moving that much water, make new water at the new home and save 30 gallons from the system. I used roughnecks or whatever they are called and moved 10g per bucket.

You can get those large commercial garbage cans with wheels. However, being able to get to the new place a few days in advance to get fresh water made would be the best idea.
    -Dazz

When i moved into this house with my 100 gallon tank in tow I used book boxes and heavy duty trash bags. Book boxes are the right size for stacking on hand dollies and are not to heavy for 2 people to handle. 3/4s full they weigh about 180 pounds. These boxes are about 18 x 18 x 18. It made the move very easy.
    Rob

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! :thanx: Now I have different options to look into.

Dark: Of course I am coming to Rockland. :dance: :wave: :bananadan

I have to juggle (sp?) two closing dates, old house and new house. If things go the way I whish for, I should have one week overlap to be able to prepare the basement area to receive the tank. Could be a good opportunity to do a major water change too! LOL I already have a rubbish container on wheels that I presently use for my partial water changes. If need be, I could always buy another one to get all this water ready when I arrive with the tank and some of the "old" water.

Anyhoo... I am starting to babble here! So, thanks again folks, and back to your regularly scheduled program.

Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!