Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Concerns about aquarium stand

Hi everyone,

I have started the installation of my tank 2 weeks ago... I have been busy at shimming correctly a melamin sheets to compensate for non linear and non level floor. At one end of the sheet I have put 1 inch of shims I have try to put as many shims as I could, there is a shim every approximatly 3-4 inchs. It was not an easy job but now it is done....

My concern is that when I put the tank on the stand where it will be the tank is perfecly level but the 2 sides (you can see it on the picture attached, this the parts at the end of the blue arrow) of the stand where the tank sit are not at level. They are at level from the back to the front but not from the left to the right. They are higher in the interior than in the outside...

Will it matter or will it just be level with the weight of the tank on it ?

I have also attached a picture of the whole tank on the stand

You really need this to be LEVEL front to back and side to side. You definitely do want ANY FLEXING of the bottom pane that is from one back corner to the opposite front corner. Take a little more time on this all important task before you fill your tank.
    Rob

Like OSD flexing of the bottom pane is a no no. Flexing in the bottom pane can break the seal and cause a nasty leak and an impossible repair job.

I can't do something about it... the problem is the perfecto stand... The sheet under the stand is perfectly level...

There is drawing where you will be able to see better what am I tlaking about

Thank you very much guys!! I would have dropped that hobby a long time ago if you would not be there...

You will have to shim the stand itself as well then.
    Rob

If it can help,on the right side the inclination of the side is 1/8 inch per foot and on left side it is between 1/8 and 1/4 inch per foot.

Are you telling us that the bottom of the stand is like a rocking chair???
    Rob

:hammerhea ... somedays I dream that my mother's language would be the english...

I am want not being enoughly clear...

The stand is level perfectly, the problem is the stand itself... the only things that are not at level are the 2 pieces of wood that old the tank. And they are not at level on the opposite direction. So there is no way I could shims the stand. If I rise one side, that side will be ok but the other will be worse...

Could It be possible tha they build it that way, so that with the weight of the tank the wood bends and that it becomes just perfect?

The part that are not level are the parts shown by the arrows

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast