Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Photoshop help please!!!!

Hi. Im trying to do my avatar using photoshop. I would like to take 2 photos and put them one above the other in one little square. kind of like 2 small rectangles one on top of the other. I REALY have no idea how to do this. Would anybody have any pointers on how to go about it???

Thanks very much for your help.
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

Send a pm to canatonik....he created several avatars for a bunch of us last week.
    He made my avatar for me using Photoshop.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Thanks Ill pm him.

Quote Originally Posted by reefsurfer
    Hi. Im trying to do my avatar using photoshop. I would like to take 2 photos and put them one above the other in one little square. kind of like 2 small rectangles one on top of the other. I REALY have no idea how to do this. Would anybody have any pointers on how to go about it???

Thanks very much for your help.

Quite easy. Open both pictures in Photoshop. Then open a new file. Drag both pictures onto the new file and your done.

Earlier today Catatonik had a full mailbox. Probably all the sent messages are still in his system.

I think Photoshop is one of the most user friendly photo programs out there. Took me about a week to get use to it. Now if only I can get 50 posts so I can put up my avatar!

Is it still 50 posts with the new site? Or did rules change?

Thanks, I just tried but I guess i dont know what tool to use to drag the image.
    Thanks for helping!

Quote Originally Posted by reefsurfer
    Thanks, I just tried but I guess i dont know what tool to use to drag the image.
    Thanks for helping!
    make sure that you have the pointer icon clicked on the left hand side. Then all you do is left click and hold on to the mouse and drag the picture over onto your new file.

its like gkilla said, only if you're opening a .jpg it'll be locked (cant drag it). you can do one of two things.
    1. right click "duplicate layer" then, drag the duplicate layer with the pointer.
    or
    2. use the rectangle marker tool (dotted line cutter), start at the top left corner of the photo, and drag the rectangle to the bottom right to surround the picture. Then just cut it out (Ctrl + X) and paste (Ctrl + V) it in the new picture.

Goodluck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast