Best site for finding info?

Where would I find info, especially because I don't know the names of certain things (like types of algae, worms, critters)? Seeing how I am still watching my liverock and all it's critters, until my tank has cycled. I keep finding, well actually my son keeps finding, new critters daily. I would like to id them. (Green slug like creature, looks like a snail without the shell. A white transparent slug, looks like a huge mouth and body but nothing else identifiable. Snails of various types. Shrimp? etc.)

Thanx,
    Kim

if you have a digital camera try taking pics of the critters you want to know names for... also just try searching on google.ca or some other search engine.
    the ppl on this board can usually tell ya what it is by a pic or a pretty good description. yes even some LFS people know a thing or two but take what they say with a grain of salt. Buy some Reef books. But i found the best way was boards like this one , canreef.ca, reefcentral, and many others and search their sites. you will come up with pictures of descriptions that will point you in the right direction

you could always take a picture of it and post it here, someone here will ID it for you...

www.peteducation.com has some information, sometimes they aren't always right, but it is a good start.
    Adam

Unhappy

I've tried taking a photo, but they never turn out very well. I have a Olympus digital camera (a very good one), but I don't have filters and the lights on or off on the tank don't seem to enhance the photo quality but instead gives off a glare. And then call me computer inept but I don't know how to go about posting the photo! (Yes I do know how to download the photo, just don't know how to post it on the website.)

I will try again though. And thanx I know the ppl here are extremely helpful and knowledgeable that's why I love this board!!!

Thanx,
    Kim

Try slanting your shot... like pointing the camera down or to the side when using the flash so the flash does not get in the picture .... also at night when the tank lights are on turn out all the lights in the room less reflection. look in your owners manual for iso adjustments/ shutter speeds. also search on those forums for other hints an ideas of taking pics.... there is i think a post on this board about uploading pics fro your comp if memory serves. maybe if you have a tripod look into macro shots they turn out pretty good, depends on how well you know how to use your cam. takes time but the great thing is you can experiment and not waste money on development :read:

Thanx, very helpful info. I manage to snap a couple of photos and will try to post them on my next study break.

Kim