Thread: PU a disgarce!

PU a disgarce!

I know this has been posted in the past but I stoped by my local PU last night and I couldn't believe my eyes! It was the worst I have ever seen. Not just the fish but all the animals.

The Budgie cages had two bowls of moldy water on the bottom and the poor birds were actually drinking from it!!! The othe bird cages were gross as well. It looked like nothing was cleaned for weeks! They have 3 big bins in the middle of the store with Rabits and Guines pigs and Budgies that you can put your hands in and touch the animals. The poor things were rotten. One little White Guinea Pig had poo all over the side of him! Another one was soaked with what looked, and smelled, like urin! It was pretty gross!

The fish tanks! Well, I don't know where to start with that! There was one goldfish tank.....I counted 15 dead fish floating on top of the water! There was a girl there feeding the fish and I said to her about the dead ones and she said yeah well get those later when the store closes! Another goldfish tank, all the fish had some kind of bacterial thing going on, all there scales were pooping out, and the were all breathing like crazy! The staff said that this is normal for all Gold fish! I said it's funny that none of the other ones are like it! You couldn't see some fish for the algea that was growing on the tanks! And the SW tanks.....One has 6" hair Algea covering the whole bottom! Another has a Beautiful Koran angel in it! Poor thing is about 6-7" long and is in a 7gal tank! He's covered in Ick and what looks to be a severe case of Marine Velvet. There Coral and Rock tank.....well, neadless to say, I wouldn't recomend you buy rock there! Besides being $18.99 a pound, it comes with a lifetime supply of Brown Slime algea! The have what was a nice little Orange Sponge Tree till it got infested with the Brown Slime!

Next is there Reptile section! I have been considering getting some Tree Frogs for a while now. I went to the store last night to see what they had to offer as TMP were I buy all of my Fish things does not carry them. Well, Tree Frogs come from the Rain Forrest, so the need humidity, lots of it! They have them in a dessert setting! Dry sand and a 2" water dish and a few plastic Plants! All the reptile set ups are exactly the same no mater what type of reptile!

The poor Macaw that they have as a store pet seems to have some kind of skin infection. He is always scratching and a lot of his feathers are missing!

The puppies were about the only thing that was presentable! I guess that's because they can cry to let you know when they are sad! Since the rest of the animals can't then they just don't give a $%#&* about them!

I just wish that there was someway to make theses people aware of what they are doing to these animals! They are killing innocent creatures, who in my eyes are no more or less importent then a person! Who gives us the right to say that they deserve less then we do! If you mistreat a dog or cat in your home, you can be arrested, charged and even sent to jail! Why are these stores getting away with this?

It Makes me sick!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Try PeTA, or in canada theres alot more places like BBB (though they only deal with bussiness aspect)..

what is PU anyway?

I spoke to the store manager about the state of the SW tanks in Moncton. I told him that I would not buy livestock from any store with tanks in such a poor state. Next time I was in the tanks were cleaned of the cyano and hair algae, however, they were replaced with plastic plants. Kind of makes you laugh. The best thing to do is take your business elsewhere and convince a friend or two to do the same.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

If abuse and neglect why not try the SPCA, if they can not do anything theyt may be able to help, and point you in the right direction.

PU = PETS UNLIMITED........ From all the PU I been in there all the same.... DISGUSTING!!! They go through managers,like theres no tomorrow. The one here in Saint John don't even have saltwater fish anymore. I'm sure its from losing to much money from it. It don't suprise me because no one new any thing about it. The other store here in Saint John isn't much better.

Pluff
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

Problem is not taking my buusiness elsewhere, I do that anyway! It just pisses me off that they are keeping these animals in such poor conditions and getting away with it! The staff don't know anything about the animals, so how are they suppose to take care of them? They had a Red Plate coral come in about 1 month ago. I was there when they took it out of the bag. It was three weeks later before anybody could tell me how much it cost! They wouldn't sell it to me, I tried almost every day for three weeks! When they did get the price, it was why too high, and the coral was half dead!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Makes you wonder how these big box stores can survive. even if i didn't know much about animals i would still be a smart consumer and shop around.
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500