Tires in Ottawa area?

The tires on my Rendezvous are going bald & I need a new set, sometime last week.

I usually don't keep a car long enough to have to change the tires, so I'm looking for suggestions on where to shop.

I lease & the Buick goes back next Sept. So I'm looking for something good, but cheap enough to give away in 11 months.

Thanks in advance!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

As you are only looking for 11 months - I don't remember where but I have seen places selling used tires. Maybe a scrap yard?

Hmmm.... I'm usually willing to consider used, but I'm not sure I want to go that route with tires.

I'm looking for good value / service for the money, not necessarily the least expensive route.

Cheers!

Sponsor - Ottawa Inverts
    krugar, tires from the scrap yard are not a bad idea at all. As i drive old cars that arent worth the value of new parts i have been there many times and have seen lots of cars with great tires on them. on occasion i have seen tires so new they still had the little nobs on.
    im not sure about ottawa, but the going prive fo a set of tires in TO is $25 each f they are on steel rims and $50 each if they are on aluminum rims.
    keep in mind if you get a second hand pair of tires from an individual say in the paper, you may have to pay a remounting and balancing fee to have them put on your rims.
    scrap yards will usually have a set of rims with tire that will fit your vehicle.

otherwise i would check the pennysaver. and if you can find them go for a set of motomaster tires. crappy tire mounts their brand of tires on your rims free. just make sure you mention that the new tires were your from a previous vehilce

Sponsor - Ottawa Inverts
    btw, what size are your tires? i may have an extra set.

215 70R and for the rest I'd have to go out & look at the tires lol.

Krugar:

Basically, if your lease is up in 11 months and you plan to return the car, then the lessor doesn't care if the tires are completely bald....only that there are in fact 4 identical (same make) tires on the vehicle.

Go with used tires if you only need 11 months.

There is a place on South Bank St., (on the East side of the street, just accross from the liquor store). There is also another place on St. Laruent, on the West side of the street, just a couple of blocks North of the shopping centre)

Okies, I'll check it out Thanks all!

go see my guy at tire plus on conventry road. he does the whole discount car rental fleet. before my electrician job i used to work there and i was the one taking care of the fleets. he tests all his used tires. just tell him one of the guys from the st laurent office sent you. and he can install and balance everything. this is a full functional garage.