Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Southern Caribbean Cruise

travelocity
    Too good to be true?

Note the date for Jan. 2007.
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad:

*drool*

I donno if that is good deal but i heard "before you die you have to go on a cruise"
    I imagine because everything is quite realistically artifical

Right now i'm looking forward for a day or 2 to sleep in and not have exams to worry about.
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

Go back to bed its only 10:20 a.m lol

I can't!
    I have a paper due at 430!
    and exams thursday and friday!
    :bawling:

this is a good break for me

LOL
    :speedbana
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Swimfins,

Here's my take on that cruise...

- Seems like a good price for a 12 day cruise, however take into consideration that you have 4 days at sea. But then again, leaving from New York is indeed nice. You'll save on airfare (which isn't included in that price). So figure around $500-600 for roundtrip New York.

- The boat itself is 78,000 tons. It's not the largest of ships, yet it seems to state a passenger capacity of around 1900 people. That quite a bit of people for a ship that size, which may mean small rooms. Still though, the inside rooms are usually more than enough for most people. A balcony room is nice, but remember that you're not in your room that often, so in the end, you could save the money and take an inside room. (My first cruise was with a balcony room, however my last two have been inside rooms).

- Being that it's a smaller ship, you will tend to feel the sea more on that ship, than one that is larger. Try to get a room in the middle of the ship, as low as possible to counter this effect while in your room. (lower center of gravity)

- The ship seems to have 2 pools (one of which is a kiddie pool), and 4 spas from what I can make out. The pool and spas may get crowded on those days at sea.

- The itinerary itself is quite nice. I've been to all those islands except for Dominica and Tortola. Grenada is a wonderfully lush, undevelopped island. I suggest the 4x4 jeep excursion into the Rainforest if you have a chance.

I say go for it!
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

hey tang man. when u go on a cruise. all the activities (jeep thing) is this included in the price or is everything u do outside the boat extra ?

Quote Originally Posted by 93GTCANADA
    hey tang man. when u go on a cruise. all the activities (jeep thing) is this included in the price or is everything u do outside the boat extra ?
    Shore Excursions are always extra. But are well priced. Those organized by the cruise line are guaranteed to get you back to the ship on time.
    For example, the 4x4 excursion on Grenada that I did with Princess was $74 per person. Here's a list of prices for shore excursions offered by Princess by port of call:
    http://www.princess.com/shorex/shorexdisplay.jsp

4wd Adventure To Sulphur Pond

Your four-wheel-drive ventures to a part of Grenada few visitors experience — Clabony Sulphur Pond, known to islanders as “the healing pond.”

Board your open-air 4WD vehicle and drive through St. George’s to Clabony Sulphur Pond in the island interior. Your route travels winding roads through tropical rain forests, passing small villages. Photo stops are made during your journey, and complimentary soft drinks are available. Hike for approximately 5 minutes through the rain forest to the pond, where you have approximately 30 minutes to relax in the warm waters and enjoy the tranquil surroundings. Continue to Grand Etang Lake in Grand Etang National Park, situated 1,900 feet above sea level. Enjoy a complimentary beverage while taking in views of the lake, located in the crater of an extinct volcano. Your return route to the ship’s tender dock features a panoramic photo opportunity.

SPECIAL NOTES
    The hike to Clabony Sulphur Pond is over rough and at times slick terrain. Wear a swimsuit and bring a towel if you plan to swim. Closed-toe shoes are recommended.

Pics from that excursion in Grenada, 2003...

Snorkeling in Aruba, 2003:

Helmet Diving in Aruba, 2003:

Wow nice! Thanks Vince. I kinda like the idea of a few days at sea. I'll bring a good book and sit in the bar lol
    I'm going with a longtime best girlfriend so we can stand each other in a small inside cabin on the bottom? OMG! I'll try to book a middle one as you suggest lol. We will drive to NY ahead of time, find parking or prolly rent a vehicle mebe...and see NY NY a bit. I like the jeep safari idea.
    I can't believe the prices...much les than I expected..of course the side tours, the drive down etc..to be considered and drinkypoos too.

Hey Bram good luck on the exams eh? Catch a nap for the old brain when you can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast