Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Calling for Alpha Testers

Hey all. I'm looking for people who have Aquacontrollers (AC2 only atm) who would like to help me alpha test my new software, "Reef Commander". "Reef Commander" uses the serial port connection on your AC, so you will need a computer with at least Win98 installed on it.

What does alpha testing mean? It means that the software is functional, but not all the features have been implemented. It means there may be some bugs in it, and it may be unstable.

What does "Reef Commander" do? Well it is going to be a replacement for the default software that you can get for Aquacontrollers. It has the basic features implemented with email alerting working.

What do I need? I need people willing to use this software regularly and give me ideas about what might need improvement, if something could be presented better, and to test features. To give you an example, my current alpha tester alternates with the other software and "Reef Commander" every other day, giving him the ability to make sure things are working correctly.

I do not want to give anyone the wrong impression. I am writing this software to hopefully make a little money. Lets just say it will be very competitivly priced and I certainly wont be getting rich from it.

So, if you are interested in helping me alpha test, please send me an email at reefcommander@gmail.com and we can get you set up.

Thanks all!
    -Dazz

not open source??? :bigcry: what kind of deal will the alpha/beta testers get on the final product?

Alas I have no controller or I'd volunteer.
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

They will recieve a free version.

And while we could endlessly debate about open source and closed source, the reality of it is, if people dont sell their software, there would be a lot of starving programmers.
    -Dazz

hi DAZZ, this thread is commercial IMO and you should really send IVAN a pm asking if this is okay. its a great idea but its commerce so please send him a pm. I'll leave this post here for now until he comments. thanks.

I have spoken to Ivan about this already

perfect!thanks bud

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Hey all,

I might as well let the secret out... I'm the mystery alpha tester that's been testing this program since it's infancy.

I must say. I'm impressed. It has a wonderful interface, and the upcoming features are great as well.

If you have a Aquacontroller2, I say go for it. Help Dazz out by testing it and offering ideas. This little software has great potential.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz
    They will recieve a free version.

And while we could endlessly debate about open source and closed source, the reality of it is, if people dont sell their software, there would be a lot of starving programmers.

lol, I hear ya.. I was just messin' with ya.. What are you doing it in? C? The email thing is cool.. With a feature like that, are you looking at doing a web interface as well?

It's actually c# (much faster for application development). It should work on linux once the mono project catches up to .net 2.0
    -Dazz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast