Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Weddel Tech Support's Avatar

Helios T5 Iii Ho

Here is a sneak peak of the Helios III,its a single bulb reflector w/ballast.

The case is made from aluminium,it incorporates water proof endcaps,polished aluminium reflector bent like a spider reflector. Shown here is with the New Super Actinic bulb.
    Glad to be of assistance,hope we were able to answer your questions concerning the products we distribute.

Regards
    WTS

***For inquiries about where to buy and pricing, PLEASE PM me we will refer you to a store nearest you.***

Can I be a beta-tester for one of these

Anyway any idea what's the approximate MSRP for these new fixtures? They look good.
    So are the bulbs on these new one supposedly non-replaceable? ie need to replace the whole fixture.

EDIT: oh also, will the "Actinic" be 420nm or 450nm one?
    Hardwares: 50G reef tank, 30G sump & ~55lb Indo/Fiji LR. Finnex 36"x4 T5 lights, Coralife Superskimmer 220g, Mag9.5 return and SEIO820+MJ600 PH.
    Corals: zoosss, mushrooms, hammer, torch, fogsprawn, blasto, crocea clam, RBTA
    Fish: Percular clown PJ cardinal, royal gramma, yellow watchman goby, 3x chromis.

Beta test.. if only...

what kinda dimentions are we talking? those fixtures look like its wider then it needs to be, which brings about he question how many i can fit ontop of a tank

Banned
    The reflector looks MUCH better than the H II T5HO units. They do look to be about 1.5x as wide though.

Quote Originally Posted by boyohboy
    Can I be a beta-tester for one of these

Anyway any idea what's the approximate MSRP for these new fixtures? They look good.
    So are the bulbs on these new one supposedly non-replaceable? ie need to replace the whole fixture.

EDIT: oh also, will the "Actinic" be 420nm or 450nm one?
    They will be quite inexpensive,these are not throw away units like its predecessor.The bulbs will be available in 24"36"48"72"

colors will be in ,65K,10K,420nm,450nm and combo.

Yes the units are larger 3"wide due to the reflector about they incorporate but believe me they give out atleast 6 X more light than the T5II HO for the space required.

I will be recieving the same high quality reflector in a Retro kit for the T5`s w/waterproof end caps.It is identicle to the sample IceCap I posted back in October but will have better clamps to hold the T5`s so it will have a much smaller footprint.
    Glad to be of assistance,hope we were able to answer your questions concerning the products we distribute.

Regards
    WTS

***For inquiries about where to buy and pricing, PLEASE PM me we will refer you to a store nearest you.***

Here is a link to the Icecap reflector,like I mentioned and forgot to mention the new HELIOS will have better clamps to hold the T5`s to the feflector and easier to use waterproof quick disconnect end caps.

IceCap T5

I will try to take some pictures.

Regards
    WTS

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Robin,

I noticed you mentioned that this is a super actinic bulb... Are they using a new bulb or the same one from the "throw-away" units?

As far as I know, there isn't any "true" actinic bulb out on the market yet, except for maybe a german brand that I can't think of now... And from what I've experienced with my current Helios II, It isn't really an actinic, but just a "blue" bulb...

I know that URI is about to release a "true" T5 actinic, just wondering if that is what you have installed in that demo unit pictured.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Hi Vince,
    no the Super Actinic is a new bulb that is on the market.I wouldnt be able to comment on the new URI bulb because I didnt see it.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Quote Originally Posted by tang_man_montreal
    Robin,

I noticed you mentioned that this is a super actinic bulb... Are they using a new bulb or the same one from the "throw-away" units?

As far as I know, there isn't any "true" actinic bulb out on the market yet, except for maybe a german brand that I can't think of now... And from what I've experienced with my current Helios II, It isn't really an actinic, but just a "blue" bulb...

I know that URI is about to release a "true" T5 actinic, just wondering if that is what you have installed in that demo unit pictured.

That sounds good! So when will these fixture be officially available in Canada?
    Hardwares: 50G reef tank, 30G sump & ~55lb Indo/Fiji LR. Finnex 36"x4 T5 lights, Coralife Superskimmer 220g, Mag9.5 return and SEIO820+MJ600 PH.
    Fish: Percular clown PJ cardinal, royal gramma, yellow watchman goby, 3x chromis.

So any news when these fixtures will be available?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast