Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: canon d70

canon d70

Hey pubber,
    did you get your d70?? If so, how is it? Should I be as jealous as I think I will be?

You mean Nikon D70.
    Man that goes to bed with itchy butt, wakes up with stinky finger!
    -Confusious

D'OH!!!!!
    Yup, I mean the Nikon D70, Thanks Aqua... I have the Canon dig. Rebel and the Nikon on the brain...I think I like the D70 better- on paper anyways, since i don't own either, I've palyed with the Rebel a little and liked it alot, but I hear the D70 is a little sexier...I'd like to know what people think of the D70...
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

I have the new Canon SI S1 I think it is an awsome camera! It even has 10X's optical zoom, which is nice for those corals at the back of the tank.
    "DREAM LIKE YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE LIKE YOU'LL DIE TOMMOROW"

liv
    i have heard some good too on the D70.
    as of image difference, I have not seen any diffs yet.
    this also depends which setup you like more.... mostly a pref. then advantage. also depends what lens you are happy with.. camera is one thing.

if you are deciding between the two, I would make a list of the possible lens candidate and then choose the body that matches those. because lens make the diff

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Both cameras are very good for the price. Nikon D70 is a bit better camera with more capabilities that you may have use if you have advanced knowledge in photography and lots of years behind cameras especially manual ones. This comes with a price, it is ~$450 more then Canon Digital Rebel. Both cameras will do equally good job for people who are interested in taking great pictures without getting too technical.

Personally I will go with Nikon D70 (if money permits). Beside that it has higher shutter speed, flash sync and that can shoot more pictures in continuous mode it can use manual lenses without any adapter that I find as a big bonus. On the other side you may find yourself never using these things because difference is so small that won’t have much impact in day to day shooting. And using manual lens with this camera can be very frustrating for inexperienced user since all settings has to be done manually and I wouldn’t recommend spending few extra $$$ just to find out that your skill as photographer sucks. Believe me with AF lenses you are going to take pictures as a pro.

One more important thing is how camera “feels” in your hands so that may be also one of the reason to chouse one over another so try both. Also if you already own Canon or Nikon film camera you may have enough equipment (lenses, flash etc) that you can use with digital camera and that alone can be good reason to chouse one over another.
    Man that goes to bed with itchy butt, wakes up with stinky finger!
    -Confusious

Well said Aqua. I prefer the D70 for all things you mentioned above plus i hate the cheapo plastic body of the Rebel.
    90G bb mixed reef set up in April 2005. I had 40g mixed reef for one year before that

Reefmutt, I've had it for a few weeks now, and it's surpassed my expectations...I'm really happy with this camera and would highly recommend it to anyone considering an SLR digital camera. The layout design is intuitive, the features are more than most people would every use, and the body design is sturdy. The image quality is excellent...it was hard for me to move away from film photography, but in just a few weeks I can no longer remember why:-)

As tempting and fun as it is, I'm going to avoid a debate an the different merits of Canon and Nikon, I personally think they're both excellent cameras. I'm a believer in the saying "it's not the camera, it's the photographer". For me the decision to go with the Nikon was fairly easy...I'm a long time Nikon user (I still have my Nikon F80) so I'm comfortable with the use of their cameras. All of my AF zoom lenses and flash units are fully compatible with both cameras...so voila! (Although Aqua makes some good points...oops).

I still need a good macro; however, the Nikkor AF 105mm Micro is $1,000, pricy!!. Is anyone out there using the Sigma 105m macro? Any comments on that lense.
    Keep passing the open windows!

liv
    the D70 has a max shutter of 1/8000.
    but starting iso is 200 and only goes to 1600.
    the rebel shutter goes to 1/4000 but iso starts at 100 and goes to 3200.

the d70 is bigger and heavier, no wired remote release,
    they state usb 2.0.. but only moves at 1.1 speeds.

Guys, the rebel is not that behind

oh.. and the body of the D70 is the same flimsy plastic.. but in a different shade of plastic.

liv
    for Pubber, I'm contemplating the sigma 50mm macro 1:1 as it has a price of ~420$ cdn compared to its canon counterpart of ~1k$

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast