LPS Tissue Necrosis

I have a small problem with two of my corals I was hoping for some advice on how to help them. I have a beautiful metalic green Brain coral that got toppled over onto a Silver Slipper Tonge coral two months ago. I was away for 4 days and when I returned the Tongue had done significant damage to the Brain on one side, however, I am not sure when it happened during that time. There has been no further necrosis to the Brain, however, the tissue has not grown back over the exposed skeleton. I read with great enthusiasm the article on Reef Central's, "Advanced Aquaria", magazine about, "The Little Brain That Could". The brain in that article was much more damaged than mine and made a complete recovery in a few months. I target feed weekly with small pieces of Silversides, however, no great improvement. No worsening either. Any suggestion? The same thing also happened to a Candy Cane frag last week and that damage is quite worse. It was only in contact with the Tongue coral for less than a day. I will post a few pics of the corals in question.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

Here are a few pictures of the damage.

P.S. The Tongue coral has been moved where there is no chance of accidental contact with other corals. I may have to trade him in soon as he is taking up valuable Clam realestate.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

Smile

just keep doing what your doing and it should heal.
    make sure you really attach those corals LOL.

Johnny,

Does the tissue actually grow back over the exposed skeleton? It is not getting worse and I would love to think it will return to its full glory.

P.S. Anyone in my neck of the woods who wants a really big tongue coral drop me a line. Will trade for Acropora or Monticap frag.

Hardware:

chances are no because algea will take over the dead skeleton. it'll be slow going but it'll probally grow new everything right over the dead part.