Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: krazy glue gel?

krazy glue gel?

I have heard that you can use "KRAZY glue gel" to glue frags is this true? Will it hurt my corals or contaminate my water? It is the stuff you can buy anywhere like shoppers drug mart, walmart etc...

home depot on tenth line has super glue gel by loctite it works great and wont hurt corals if used for a few frags at a time. about 6 bucks a tube enough for about 6 or so frags

I got some from shoppers drug mart. "Instant Krazy glue GEL" Is this the same thing?

as long as its cyano-acrylate glue it should be fine to use

I think it has the same main ingredient of cyanoacrylate, so I think it should be fine. I find that I have to use quite a bit. It not a super bond as one might think. It's just to hold it in place so that the coral can grow its own base over the rock you're gluing it too. My clumsy tang seems to be able to knock my finger sized frags down when I use krazy glue/loctite. :guns:
    George

yes it does contain cyanoacrylate. Thanks for the info, I am going to glue them right now. I only have a couple of ricordias that I just baught last week and my large hermits keep knocking them down and the flow just pushes them into the rock work. I am getting really tiered of fishing them out with the handle of my scrapper. LOL
    Thanks again

Banned
    After your done with that bottle an idea might be to look in the local doller store. I found cyano-acrylate thick gell 'krazy glue' for a buck. I got 5 frags out of the tube. I've used it for years with out problems. The trick is to get enough of a spot on the frag so when you push down on it the inner glue will burst through the outer cured glue (moisture cures krazy glue) and on into the pores of the rock. When it's all hard your frag has a nice foot in the rock and hopefully you don't see the glue.

Cool

ivan also sells ZAP gel which works and is a bigger tube. when using glue you have to find like a little indent in the rocks and twist the part were the glue is a bit to break the skin of the glue. you have to hold it there tight for at least 60 seconds.

Just a tip: Krazy Glue Gel sometimes isn't a proper "gel". I tried using it and the first little bit that came out were extremely liquid...it got all over the rock and gorg and looked like hell. Mix it up a little in the tube before you pierce the nozzle.
    James...

"Knowing is half the battle!" ~ G.I. JOE

yeah but zap gel is 20$ a pop..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast