Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Super Glue Question

If you have a frag that is falling all the time and this frag is attached to a very small rock can you glue this rock to your existing live rock and if so can you do it from within the tank or if you need to remove the rock from the water and than glue it up....

Thank you

I'd use holdfast expoy instead in that case.

http://aquariacanada.com/osCommerce/...roducts_id=628

If you're going to use a gel glue you have to get the rock out of the tank, pat both parts you want to glue together dry, hold them together out of the water for 15 seconds or so, and then put them back.

The epoxy putty, you cut a hunk off, kneed until it turns white, stick to the rock base of the coral (like playdough) then push the rock base into the liverock where you want it.

The stuff that "oozes" out the side will cover over with coraline eventually & more or less dissappear. You shouldn't have tonnes oozing out, but some needs to to get a good grip.

The best part with this is nothing has to come out of the water.

Oh & I find the epoxy putty works best rock -> rock. Glue works best (hard) coral -> rock.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Thank you

Sponsor - Ottawa Inverts
    i have attached frags using superglue and i took the one piece out of the tank, patted it dry applied glue and stuck it in place and it work quite well. not as well as the zap gel that ivan sells. this stuff is great. its just superglue in a gel form instead of the watery for it comes in normally.

i've had some success with a rubberband
    doesn't have to be too tight, just to hold it against till it grows, then easy to cut off after
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

glue vs epoxy

I have found that a combo of gel glue and epoxy is the BEST method hands down for holding a frag to anything. Just knead the epoxy properly and then add a drop of gel and put your frag into the gel and onto whatever. Holds tight the first time everytime.
    Jaosn

What type of coral are we talking about? Some solutions work better than others depending on the coral. I find usually a cheap super glue gel works wonders.

Walmart sells a 2mg gel glue that is $1.37....it works great and is very economical. I use it all the time, and it works underwater as well. Pretty much the same product as loctite gel if you've ever used that.

ijo
    2mg is not a lot but if your only looking to glue a couple frags... 1.37 is not much either.

IJO

Ya thats the idea....its pretty much a one time deal. I glue two or three frags and its done. Its the same as the loctite gel but that stuff is 5 bucks and is 4mg. Plus I once I open the loctite gel it glues itself shut and I have a hard time using it a second time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast