upgrading tank size

What is the safest way to "transfer" everything from 25gal tank to a 108gal tank that has just finished cycling? 108gal tank has 100lbs base rock and 20lbs lr. 25gal has 40lbs lr in it now. Should it be done a few pieces a day, all in one shot, fish and corals and/or lr seperate...? Will adding everything at once risk a second "cycling" process? Any suggestions...

i would nt see why it would cycle again since it has already been cured in your 25 gallon but you might want to get a second opinion on that from one of more expereienced reefers

throw the rocks in.
    I'd still drip aclimate the livestock.
    Maybe use the water from your small tank too.

wait I just re-read... you have 90% base rock? When did u setup this tank? params??

1/5 of the tank will be new so no mather what your tank will get ammoniac and nitrite peaks... Put your live rock in the 108 gallons and cycle it with a couple of damsel's for 4-8 week then your peaks should drop. add slowly your live stock... if you put your corals and the tank cycles with corals some will not tolerate the high nitrite that will appear in your tank and could die.

Thanks everyone for your recent interrest! I'm sorry to announce that this tank has been successfully set up for almost a full year!
    I ended up cycling the 108 gal then over a 2 day period, I transfer water slowly back and forth between the 2 tanks until the peramiters were almost identical. I then transfered the corals and fish from the 25 gal. All went well, no losses.

Quote Originally Posted by kimik
    Thanks everyone for your recent interrest! I'm sorry to announce that this tank has been successfully set up for almost a full year!
    I ended up cycling the 108 gal then over a 2 day period, I transfer water slowly back and forth between the 2 tanks until the peramiters were almost identical. I then transfered the corals and fish from the 25 gal. All went well, no losses.
    lol sorry :biggrinbo