Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new anemone!

My new anemone!

I finally found a neon green carpet(haddoni) anemone today! I've looked for sometime for one this color. I've placed it in my softie tank. I didn't want it on the bottom of the tank so I wedged a clay flowerpot in the rocks about 8" from the surface and placed it in there. It's about 4 hours now and he's digging his foot in!! Take a look! p.s. remember he's still in shock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new anemone!-dsc01893.jpg  
    Lynn

ijo
    WOW!!! Thats a beauty!!

IJO

Absolutely beautiful...hope you have the set up for him so he keeps that gorgeous colour. I have a green striped carpet with saddlebacks and he's my favorite...nothing like that one though. If you ever need help with him let me know...I've had mine for ages now....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new anemone!-carpet.jpg  
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

thanks, yours is nice too! I have the tiger green striped as well. Mine has planted himself on top of the rocks?? I always thought that they liked the sandbed...but this guy has never moved from the rocks. My pair of goldstriped maroons are in a little BT that was given to me. I'm going to find him and new home and hopefully they will move into the carpet. I'll just let him settle in first.
    Lynn

Do you keep your anenome in your reef tank...or should I say, do you keep corals with your carpets. I have that one in my pic in my reef against what most people say, and he's doing great. All the shrimp and other livestock just seem to know to stay away. Also the saddleback is extremely protective of it adn will chase anything away. Saves my fish so I let him. Just wondering. Many say not to keep them in a reef, but I have had no problems. One morning it was up against an SPS coral and unbelievabley the coral had no affects from it. i thought they stung corals but this one didn't....this time...

Just wondering.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

They are both very beautiful,

I do hope he stays where you want him, I had a blue carpet and well he just would not sit still.. Where i wanted him.. and where he liked it .. where 2 diffferent locations.. i wanted him at the bottom of the tank.. but he wanted to go up Higher in the rocks where my sps was.. and this was in a 65 G under a 400 watt halide.. So i had to give him away..

ijo
    I've seen a blue one once before and would definately like to add one to my setup.

IJO

Yea I wish i did not have to get rid of it... But there was not no negotiating with it.. I paid $148.99 for it.. and sold it for $40 and got a hassle about it.. i could not believe it!

I have both of them (carpets) in my 7'softie/fish tank. I figure there's enough room for the fish and the carpets and that it's unlikely that a fish will get ate...I know.. not impossible, but thats a risk I'm willing to take to have both to enjoy. The reason I like them up real high in the tank is that I figure it's less likely the fish will dart into them at night, as it seems that my fish hide in the lower part of the rock at night or if they're afraid.
    I have a 18" LTA in another tank (180g) with lots of LPS and fish, many smaller type of fish like gobies and manderins etc. I haven't lost a fish to him yet. I've had a LT for probably close to a year now.
    I have 4 anemones now and each one has stayed where I've placed them, except the first BT and the first LT I got died within the first week I purchased them. I almost didn't try another, but I really thought that it was how they had been shipped and handled rather then my parameters, so I tried another with great sucess.
    cheers
    Lynn

I've been wanting to add a clown and anemone to my reef tank but was hesitant about it. firstly what are your opinons on adding a clown (i hear they tend to get very aggressive) and what is the official position on amemonies? from what it seems like here is that in general they are dangerous for the other fish/corals, while in some cases people keep them with sucess (like angels i guess). If its a risk, i'd rather not take it (i already have enough "risk" with my angel and 3 fish for 72 gal). I heard that if there is no anemone, the clown may even pair with a coral that is similar to an anemone (like a gonopora type - which i know will not survive). Any opinions on what corals (that would survive) a clown would make friends with?
    Albert
    My Photos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast