Thread: Reef Life!!!!!

Exclamation Reef Life!!!!!

anyone have any experience explaining to wife that we must move to a bigger house so that we can have the house modified for a 500 gal reef after only living in this house for about 7 months (and being married for that same amount of time)? there must be a way of going about this without putting too much strain on the young marriage. it is getting out of hand here, HELP!! sometimes i find myself amazed at how this hobby is taking over my life. everything i do comes back to "how will this affect the reef" i was even taking a romantic hot tub with my wife and of course take advantgae of the moment and start showing her how the foam from the soap in the hot tub works similar to my protein skimmer with all the organics in the soap suds, etc. this is not normal. i take train every day to work about 45 min. each way and for about an hour and a half a day i am reading about reefs. after she falls asleep at night, i sneak out of bed to read my marine biology text book (i have been out of school for over 3 years - and my major was finance!). Everynight i get in trouble when she catches me posting on AC while she is waiting for me for dinner (i tell her i am taking a shower). luckily she loves the reef too, and loves going to the LFS to buy things (which was my recent problem, because as i learned not to impulse buy by now, she hasnt). Help!! i feel like i am going to know more about this reef than the reef itself. the only problem is that i am afraid that is the only thing i will know about. i could see my grandkids one day asking "grandpa, why is the sky blue" and i would quickly respond "because the ocean is blue and everything in this world wants to be like the ocean - EVEN MY LIVING ROOM!) well anyway, just figured i would share my thoughts with the other finatics here who are probably having similar mid-reef-cirsis syndrome.
    oh and most importantly - Guys (and Gals of course) thanks for all your help and advice on everything - i know i would never be where i am today without all of you. this is the only forum that i trust advice from as you all talk from knowledge and experience (unlike other forums where they pratically talk out of their wrasses).
    ok, now that i had a nice long post on AC, i feel ready to start my day.
    Ciao,
    Albert
    Albert
    My Photos

You gotta promise something real special in that new house for your better-half like an all glass porch or Sunroom ...

You getting the drift? ...

Van impdaddy
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

i get the drift. but first i gotta get friendly with someone who knows how to rob banks.
    Van, can you DIY something that can easily crack open a vault?
    (perhaps i can use a ReefRat as some sort of scary weapon? now talk about return on investment.)
    Albert
    My Photos