Critters in Refugium???

Just wondering what the concensus is on having snails, hermits etc in your refugiums. I have 2 refugiums on my system. The main sump/refugium I have about 10 hermits in and a couple astrea snails. The other refugium has no clean up critters....what is everyone else doing with theirs?????

just wondering.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

I dont bother.. Just becosue they are scavengers.. and well there is nothing in my refuigum procducing the waste that they would normally feed off!

Mouse,
    Snails are good to have as they will clean the glass of the overgrowth of algae. Hermits, or any type of crab however is a no no. Basically, anything that can and will eat the critters is bad. It is called a refugium because it is a safe refuge for the critters to multiply in while being safe from predation.

That's the way I keep the gravity fed refugium, but I had way to much detris and crap in the first refugium. The hermits are going to go as I am clearing them out of my reef one by one as I find them. I'm keeping them in the refugium until I get them all...Then they're history to who ever wants them. I'm tired of losing good snails to them. So until then, the first refugium has to be their home.

No loss to critters as I literally have a tanslucent blanket of them when I look in at night...both refugiums are packed with everyting you can think of....
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!