New tank comes today!!!

I'm pretty excited!! my new 6' bowfront comes today!! I'll post a pic later (for those of you that have never seen a empty tank )
    Lynn

It's amazing what gets us reefers excited...I stared at a bare tank for a whole day...then just water and live rock for a couple weeks. Oh well, you have to own one to understand....

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Talking LYNN A.K.A CHICKI

your outta control girl! how much time do you spend on maintenance per week? I just gotta know!

Hi Lynn, I noticed you had a Morish Idol in your tank shot.
    How hard has it been keeping it?
    I would love to have one in my new large system so any hints would be wicked!
    Thanks
    ________
    Tanks: 400 gal Reef, 180 gal FOWLR, 300 gal Sump, 40 gal Frag Tray plumbed as one system - 900 gal total water volume.
    DIY Calcium Reactor, Nielson Reactor and Skimmer

You really don't want to know Johnny and such a personal question
    Reeferboy, I've had the Idol since April. It's not exactly a sucess story yet, but who knows?? She's in a 7' tank 220gal and eats like a pig but is staying a tad on the thin side. I buy sponge for her and fresh clams, squid, scallops, shrimp,all different types of algae, a variety of flake foods,moist foods, hard foods etc. I feed her and the rest in that tank at least 4 times a day, usually 6 tiimes a day..
    Lynn

I'm rooting for Ida! Not a lot is known about the needs of these fish but lately more of the experienced aquarists seem to be having success with them. I think if anybody can keep this fish it's you Lynn.
    Susan

I guess I'm not surprised Lynn...

Anyway, I would like to help you try for success with the fish. As I have just adopted one from Sam Wong that has been in captivity for almost two years now.

Feeding is extremely important, and something most reefkeepers keep to a minimum. I feed Moo maybe five times a day. OSI spirulina, Piscine Energetics Mysis, Freeze-dried Plankton, OSI nibblers, spirulina wafers, shrimp pellets........yes,
    she has a large appetite.

So, water quality must be premium, with HIGH oxygen levels HIGH.

Good luck.

Thats great! Ida especially loves fresh clam (from the supermarket) I keep a bunch frozen and then give them one every night. Do you find your munching on the coraline alot?

thanks Susan for the kind words
    Lynn

Moo was kept in a small full reef before. She only hit on a cap coral I believe. She is sitting in QT pending my 230g completion.

I don't feed fresh clams, I don't know if Sam did, but we both keep maximas, so I don't want to take the chance on her thinking they are lunch as well.

No she doesn't graze the rock much at all, just begs like a dog. Perhaps you have some algae on your rock she is going after??

Mine along with my french angel just ripped apart and consumed my carpet anemone:bawling: my pair of maroons couldn't even keep them out....hope you don't have any of them?
    the bubbletip she never touched? maybe because the carpet has such a larger exposed mouth and no long tentacles to get past?
    Lynn