Thread: Clown Madness!

Clown Madness!

Alright so as some know i lost a clown months ago.. and i decided to finally add a new one to the tank.. well i started by adding smaller clown than the one that was left.. Well the resident clown beat the new one into a bloody Pulp.. had to remove him and now nursing him back to health in another tank.. so i decided to try one more time.. this time adding a clown larger.. Allmost twice the size.. well the resident clown is at it again.. Chasing him around.. beatting on him!

What do i do!!!! .. lol, I love my resident clown.. never seen on that coloration and its 3 years old.. but i would also love to have a pair!

here are some shots!

The problem with adding anything other than a juvenile clown is that your existing clown is probably female. Unless you added a male the second time around, there's no chance that you'll end up with a mated pair. Juveniles can become either male or female, but once a clown is female, it can't switch back to male. I hope stuff works out, but I'm just pointing that out.
    Jason Nugent
    http://malhavoc.homeunix.com/
    ReefCentral Admin

180 gallon Oceanic with Lifereef Sump, 33 gallon with VHO, 20 gallon frag tank with MH

Ditto the above advise. I will add though, that from the pictures it looks like you are mixing an Oscellaris with a Perculia, which may not work out that well. But as MalHavoc said, get a juvenile and your female will accept it (with minor aggressivness).

I lost 2 clowns once until the the 3rd one submitted...then they were a pair....tough game to play

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Following this with interest sinec I have 3 Ocellaris ...

Van impdaddy
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

ijo
    What zookeeper said... it looks like a false and a true... no idea if these will pair up.

IJO

not really interested in the Pairing up, just want them to stop the royal rumble in my tank !

The problem is, unless you eventually get a pair up, they'll probably keep fighting. How big is the tank? Is there space for the two of them without having overlapping territory?
    Jason Nugent
    http://malhavoc.homeunix.com/
    ReefCentral Admin

180 gallon Oceanic with Lifereef Sump, 33 gallon with VHO, 20 gallon frag tank with MH

Oh yea.. lots of space.. lol, thats not an issue.. its a 5 foot tank!

You should call the first one Ceasar or Napoleon if it was a male lol because it seems he wants all the tank for himself and want to concor the world (of the tank that is )
    25g Reef