Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New fish!!!

New fish!!!

Well, even though I don't have a pic of it ( I REALLY need to get a digi cam!) I just want to say that I'm sooo pumped about my new leopard wrasse!! I've been wanting one for a very long time and never saw one except for yesterday when I walked into one of our local LFS's and just had to put it on reserve for today. There it was, all nice and plump and out and about. I just finished acclimating it and put it in the main tank. I then fed the tank to see if it is o.k. and sure enough it started going after the food along with all the others!! It didn't even dig in as they do when they are nervous. it's out swimming into the currents which it seems to like doing a lot!!!
    I can't wait to get a pic of it up here. It is even more stunning under my lights than when I saw it in the store. I now see some nice metallic blues, teal, red, brown, blue and slight green along with black spots.

Awsome fish. I seriously looked into one, but decided against it simply because I don't have a refugium and was worried he would decimate my sand bed fauna.

Leopard wrasse is the only fish I have owned that will keep your tank free of flatworms 100% of the time. They are a great fish. They become very tame in short time, never sem to stress out. Congrats on the new fish.

:bananadan :bananadan :bananadan :bananadan
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Post a pic of him/her when you get a chance.

This is what they look like...until you get your pic up I'll throw this one up so everyone knows what you are talking about. Great fish.

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Thanks Mouse. Was that yours?

No ...I had this in my files though...mine was identical. They get better colours as they get older. Mine was almost 4 when he died...I think of old age.

It eats flatties? Mmmmmmmmmmm ..... maybe that's what I need ...

Touche, what does the Exquisite think of the new addition...

Van impdaddy
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

Heh, Heh... You want him?? He's in my sumps now. I got him out at lunch time. I still want another Orange Spotted Blenny but after the exquisite taking out the other 2, he had to come out!!! I'm going to find somewhere for him now

Oh yeah! I'm sure my Exquisite will just love him ... Hey let's bring him to Maso #6 ... ... maybe we can find him a new home.

Van impdaddy
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast