Monster Bristleworm

Well to start, I am one of those that feel bristleworms do not harm your reef. I have had tons of them in mine for years. Well tonight I got the flashlight out for some night viewing and saw the biggest bristleworm I have ever seen. He was easily over 7 inches long. Better yet, I caught him using the blue lens on the light. I placed him in the refugium and he has since disappeared. WHen I see him again, which I will, I'll try to get a pic of this badboy....It was like an eel...hahahaha

:bananadan :bananadan :bananadan :bananadan
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Enjoy sleeping tonight!!
    You do know that they will slither up the stairs and steal your breathe away from you while you're sleeping, right????

Actually, it has been reported that some of them can stay out of water for a length of time and some people have found them slithering along the floor!!!!!!!

If you tell my better half this, I will personally make you fit in a 40 gallon tank...hahaha just kidding.

I have tons of them in the refugium...all little ones...well I think tonight I finally found Mama....

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

ijo
    Since were on the better half subject....
    You should of heard the 20 minute speech I got after telling the g/f about the zoo's that kill a dog thread I found on RAG.... I'm very selective in my Reef Story telling now. :

IJO

the largest i have found, was in my old 90G when i took it down and moved into a 150G i went to pull out a rock and it was stuck.. looking to see what it was and i seen what looked like rope hold them together.. then it moved.. I was kind shocked and pulled really hard real fast.. and dropped the rock on the floor where it split.. and the bristleworm must have been 1/2 inch thick.. and around 15 inches.... I was freaked.. Now i agree with keeping them.. but when they can eat me .!!! NO WAY!.. now this was Pre my digital Camarea day's.. so that kinda sucks..

I read a thread once about someone pulling apart there tnak and found one in the plumbing somthing like 6 feet long!

yes took some time.

Not sure if anyone has seen this post or not... But just some fun pictures!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who are afraid of snakes! .. Or bristle worms for that fact.. Do not go to this thread ..

For those how are not afraid of a rebellon from there tanks.. Please read on!

6 foot Bristle Worm!

I just checked out that post and I'm sure I'll be having nightmares. NO ONE TOLD ME THIS PASSION WOULD INCLUDE THAT!

Not a post to show the kids. lol

I have a 4inch bristle worm in my tank wouhou

Thanks Mom (Gail)
    25g Reef

That six foot worm is unbelievable....that'll be my secret from the GF....hahahaha