Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello guys!

Smile Hello guys!

Hi guys,
    I am new to aquaria canada and I am very hapy that this site exists!I have a 5g pico reef.I am learning very much and my params are 0.I have also an idea for a 50g seamless drilled cube.I am very excited to be a part of the aquaria canada community and I will be happy to share my information on nano/pico reefs and corilane algea.
    I have a question,are there any other nano/pico reefers on vancover island?I have been on the Island all my life and I cant find many other reefers,The reefing hobby hasnt really caught on out here.The only thing harder than finding other reefers on vancover island is finding frags.
    So if you have any info that could be of interest to me it will be greatly apreciated.
    kind regards
    -Jesse

liv
    Welcome to the board !
    i'm sure other reefers come from the same area if not the same province for sure
    someone is bound to chime in.
    You can also purchase frags from this site. pm ijo with your requests or check out under the Shopping then Live Goods

Welcome to Aquaria.ca !
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

^^thats cool!
    I went to my favorite fish store today and ironically they just got a shipment of softies!I wanted to give the corals a rest and to see how expensive they would be.So I bought a very cool anemone crab!I just love him!he looks great against my purple coralline and will look even better once I get my black sand!

Welcome to the foruom Jesse. I would have thought living beside an ocean would breed many reefers (the fish & coral type, Vancouver has all the other type).
    Mark
    90g Display, 30gal sump w/ refugium, MAS CR418 calcium reactor w/ Mag5 and Blueline CO2, Vertex IN-180 protein skimmer w/ Mag5, Mag9.5 return, 150 Phosban Reactor w/ MJ 1200, 1 Ebo 200w heater, 90lbs. LR, 80lbs. Carib-Sea aragonite, Cooltouch MH lights -2 x 400watt (20K & 14K) PFO hoods & Coralife 65w PC in custom hood with fan, Coralife 3-3/4watt mini moonlights, 8 jet Closed Loop System w/Reef-flo Dart, Aqua-Safe RO/DI, JBJ Auto Top Off unit w/Mag 5 return, 12g Nano cube, 10g quarentine.

^^Haha I am suprized too!
    I have an idea,since gorgonians are from the atlantic (coldwater area) and they are perfectly happy in a tropical climate.Wouldnt it be possible to do the same with west coast coral?I am planning to find out!I think it is worth a try,I have a spare bucket,heater and powerhead so I am pretty well ready for the experiment.I just need a plastic bag,coral food (will it except mysis or is it planktonic? :confused- ).
    What do you think? Is it a good Idea or just a pipe dream.

welcome to the club

HELLO THERE AND WELCOME!!!!
    Being from the main island of BC Myself and moved to Ottawa
    in 2000 I can tell you that you got far more options regarding
    the marine hobby.............Just take the ferry to Port Angeles
    Olympia or even Seattle and you have million of choices to pick from.
    surprise you got nothing at the Island......Do you live on the Tofino side?
    or Nanaimo side?.......ever go to the Mainland "Vancouver"......?
    When I used to live there I used to catch rock crabs, black urchins and at time some cold water flower anemones keep in mind these guys never ever survived in captivity..but regardless... were always fun to catch and watch....
    anyways welcome to the Club. hyeah: hyeah: hyeah:

I had a bad experience in vancover,I was shot 3 times and left there almost dead for 15 hours,that kinda turend me off.I grew up in Comox so cold water marine is kinda "bin dere,dun that".Has aneyone been to "Hillside marine aquatics"? its great!

thats gangsta, should become a rapper now you been shot. thats all you need but welcome to the board

Shure,the canadian kfed :coolmad:
    It hurt like a mutha but it was a total chick magnet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast