DAM!!! Cloudy Water!!!!

Well I got home yesterday around 16:00 to some studing for defense next week, looked at my tank (75Gal) and WTF it's cloudy!!! All corals and clams are closed, SPS sliming and stressed to the max and the skimmer is going like crazy. The fish on the other hand didn't seem to affected...in fact my clowns layed another batch of eggs as if nothing was happening!! It was perfect when I left in the morning. I suspect something just spawned...probably one of my seven clams. I did five IO bucket water changes last night and added carbon. This morning I find my three and a half year old squamosa dead

So here I am in the process of doing two more IO bucket water changes this morning.............Guess who's not going to work today!

Thanks for listening.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. --
    Charles Darwin

hmmm, strange and not fun for you. are you dripping KALK? could there be a malfunction somewere there? I've had spawnings before and a skimmer kepted up with it no probs but I have heard of a spawn doing damage.

that must REALLY suck!!!
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,
    Lights: 2X250W 10K XMs, 1X400W10K XM, 6XT5s Al lights controlled by AC Jr.

Well, I just back from the lab with another 25 gallons of distilled water. Everything is looking better but still stressed especially one of my croceas also one of my tricolor has lost its intense purple tips but not the other!

Johnny: I do drip kalk but it didn't malfunction the reservoir is still full. I suspect one of my squamosa had a spawn event which may have triggered the other two spawn as well (or all seven). A three of my squamosa....now two are roughly 6-7 inches across two croceas are roughly 4-5 inches and two tiny max. So a spawn event in a 75 gal may be significant enough to over come my skimmer.

Seahunter: YEP IT SUCKS!! especially when I have so much to do.

Water changes here I come......
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. --
    Charles Darwin