Anyone have an Orange Shoulder Tang?

Hey guys! Long time since I've been around! LOL.

I am looking for some info. I curently have a Sailfin, Blond Naso and a Scopas Tang. I am considering a OrangeShoulder. I have read that they are not agressive towards other tangs and I am wondering if anyone has any experience.....Any help is appreciated.
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Ive had one of these tangs. True that they are not very aggressive. They are realy great because they will eat algea covered substrate leaving it clean. They will also eat other nuisance algeas in your tank... Heres a link to a bit more info, sais this tang can quickly reach 14 inches long and shouldnt be kept in a tank lesser than 150 gallons.

http://www.marinedepotlive.com/orang...sh--tangs.html

:cop: I remember you used to have a 50 gallon tank, I sure hope youve upgraded to something bigger as you mention your already keeping 3 tangs, one of which is a naso which require a minimum of 150 gallons. I REALY hope your not keeping a blond naso in a 50 gallon, that would just be cruel, unless hes realy small, even then they will outgrow a 50 in no time. Sais it here in the link. :cop:

http://www.marinedepotlive.com/naso-...sh--tangs.html

most people in the hobby will consider it inhumaine to keep one of these in a tank that is less than 6 feet long.

I hate to have to play tang police but somebody has to do it. Again hopefully youve upgraded and your now the owner of a super nice 220 gallon tank in which all those tangs are very happy.
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

Smile

very calm tang and awsome looking. if you have those other tangs then you must have a HUGE tank. I wouldn't add another tang unledd your pushing a few hundred gallons

:cop: oof:
    I think your under arrest!!!

You just might opened a can of worms...All the same great to see you back. Whats the weather like back home in St. John's?
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

hahaha Should have know I'd take a beating for that one! I actually have 2 tanks. My Blond is in a 50gal....I know, I know, but he is still a baby! And my Sailfin and Scopas are in a 46bow. I have 155 bow to which I will be upgrading and was considering an Orangeshoulder AFTER the upgrade! I know the tang police won't like me much, but I took pity on the Blond and had to bring him home! I couldn't leave him to die at the pet store! :crap:

Hey Mike! Weather is great! 20 degrees last week! Cold this week though but hey, what can you do, it's December! No snow yet! One morning we had some but it was rainig by lunch......
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Were in the same boat here. I put my combat jacket on in the morning but my lunch it's back in the truck. Got to love global warming!!!(Just Joking)
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

well sounds like great weather...i'm here in Northern Alberta for a few more days and it got cold here about mid oct. and hasn't let up yet, -39 with the windchill the other day.... stick your head in a deepfreeze and it's about 3 times as cold as that hehe and yes, I'm working outside. ( with lots of warm up breaks) where i'm located it's generally about 5 - 10 degrees colder than Fort Macmurray.

Tic
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple

All that said, if your blond is small enough, I wont give you grief for that One LFS arround here has a few large nasos in 50 gallon holding tanks waiting to be baught up, cant say that is cool at all, fish can barely turn arround

Glad to hear your upgrading, your naso will be happier there.

I wouldnt put more than 2 tangs in a 150, though not impossible to have more tangs, doing it without the tangs getting too competitive for food would require you to feed LOTS, having multiple nori clips all of which would require you to have a REALY GOOD SKIMMER. It can be done but you deffinatly need to research it if you want to be successfull.

Good luck!
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER