Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humidity %

Humidity %

I was just wondering what would be the acceptable humidity % in a fish room.

My average right now is around 50-55% during the day and 60-65% during the night.

Are those percentage close to the average of everybody?

What you guys keep your room at?

Thanks

Fred
    180g AGA inwall W/ 2 overflows W/ 205g sump 20g fuge, 77g W/ 30g sump 12g fuge w/mag 9.5 pump.

Quote Originally Posted by frederick
    I was just wondering what would be the acceptable humidity % in a fish room.
    My average right now is around 50-55% during the day and 60-65% during the night.
    Are those percentage close to the average of everybody?
    What you guys keep your room at?
    Thanks
    Fred
    I have a dehumidifier in my fish room and it keeps it around 45-50%. Seems to be fine.
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

45-50% are normal for a house !! a deshumidificateur is a good buy

liv
    I keep the fish room at 55%.. but with the next tank running.. i might have to run an exaust fan outside if the dehumidifying can't keep up. I also keep my house at the same level.. 55-60..

My mechanical room is kept at between 50 and 55% as well, with the aid of a dehumidifier that comes on for ten hours a day with my MH lights. No issues yet!
    Mark
    90g Display, 30gal sump w/ refugium, MAS CR418 calcium reactor w/ Mag5 and Blueline CO2, Vertex IN-180 protein skimmer w/ Mag5, Mag9.5 return, 150 Phosban Reactor w/ MJ 1200, 1 Ebo 200w heater, 90lbs. LR, 80lbs. Carib-Sea aragonite, Cooltouch MH lights -2 x 400watt (20K & 14K) PFO hoods & Coralife 65w PC in custom hood with fan, Coralife 3-3/4watt mini moonlights, 8 jet Closed Loop System w/Reef-flo Dart, Aqua-Safe RO/DI, JBJ Auto Top Off unit w/Mag 5 return, 12g Nano cube, 10g quarentine.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Fred,

There's a potential for mold/spores when humidity is over 60%. You may want to try to bring that level down for health concerns...
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Thanks guys for the response.

Vince,

My exhaust fan is on 24/7, so if I see in a few days that it is not enough I will bring my dehumidifier in the fish room.

Humidity only go hi overnight so I might run it during that period.

Fred
    180g AGA inwall W/ 2 overflows W/ 205g sump 20g fuge, 77g W/ 30g sump 12g fuge w/mag 9.5 pump.

Something you want to consider when running an exhaust fan full time is your exterior humidity. At one point I ran all household exhaust fans full time only increasing my humidity levels as the outdoors hum. levels were higher than the indoors level. A dehumidifier solved my problem.

An other thaught, once winter kicks in for real and your house heating device also starts working arround the clock hum. levels might drop to more acceptable levels. The fall and spring might be the time when you need to dehumidify the most...
    HTH
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

We have a 1000 gal koi pond in the bedroom and a hot tub and a 250 gal f/w tank( its a big room) the dehumidifier runs alot, youll need to buy a good one because if the rating isnt heavy enough it will freeze up and do nothing. a good one lasts about 4 years, without it swamp city

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch
    We have a 1000 gal koi pond in the bedroom and a hot tub and a 250 gal f/w tank( its a big room) the dehumidifier runs alot, youll need to buy a good one because if the rating isnt heavy enough it will freeze up and do nothing. a good one lasts about 4 years, without it swamp city
    Ugh!! 1,000 gal. pond in the bedroom??? How big is your house???? I cannot imagine the size of your living room! :speedbana :biggrinbo :biglaugh2 :speedbana

8)
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast