Any onw know what this guy is??

Hey guys. I saw this like 3 days ago. I thought This was a pice of Star Polyps just flooting around. This was just like it also with purple tip. Than today It was in a different place so i deside to poke it. and it was moving. Thank i took it out of the tank and put it in a glass with water and saw it was a type of snale or some sort. Please let me know what this is if any one know?????

do you have zoanthids? because that looks like a zoanthid eating nudibranch
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

its a nudibranch, can't say what it eats though

Nudibranches tend to have obligate diets, meaning they'll only eat one thing & if you don't have it they starve to death. That one thing could be zoos as pointed out, or it could be just about anything else in your tank.

I don't know if anyone here could make a 100% id on what this guy is, you might want to take your photos to reefcentral or wetwebmedia.

If it's not going to eat your coral, it's funky looking & you might want to keep him. If he is going to eat your coral, I suggest rapid aclimation to the local sewer water via the toilet.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

have you looked around your tank for more? for their eggs? or for the prey?

i agree that nudibranch's usually do only eat one thing, and they eat it until the tank is void and then they die.

it is hard to make a definitive identification but i have seen zoanthid, montipora, and pipe coral eating nudi's as well as the aptasia eating species. ( the last one is the worse and all sample should be mailed to me immediately) :biggrinbo ( i'm joking ) luckily these have all been in others tanks and is the reason i dip ( corals ) and qt everything it goes in my tank.

i don' think dines_anan fully understands the problem he may have brewing in his tank. if this is a coral eating species ( or whatever it eats ) it will multiply and consume all his ( insert food type here ) before dieing.

definitely double check this diagnosis at which ever other website you use. you should do something soon as this could take months to take care of. i have seen people just give up keeping ( insert food type here ) because they are hard to get rid of.
    `

My Gallery

sorry to highjack this, but what do you dip with?

iodine dip or fresh water dip work well for these guys

alternative solution would be to stick ur little critter in a fuge o sump if u like him... in the fuge they should have plenty to eat unless they're coral eaters, in which case u wouldnt want him in ur main anyway!

exactly, but i use both: a ph balanced RO/DI with iodine dip. this unfortunately won't kill the eggs though. after the dip i inspect every frag for eggs ( small white spiral ) and pick off as many as i can. then back in QT till the next dip and examination.

the nudi's can be extremely hard to see as they take on the color of what they are eating. look for closed polyps, then look really close at those polyps.
    `

My Gallery