Moving Tank, need to know a few things...

I plan on doing a tank move in a few days and I have a few questions in hopes of making this as smooth as possible.

I will be setting up a 30 gallon and a 20 gallon tank at the new house which ill be using as holding tanks for corals and fish.

Ill be mixing up some new salt water for these tanks, this water will be in the tanks for 24 hours before I add corals and fish.

Im wondering if its a good idea to put corals and fish in different tanks?

Im moving realy close to where I live presently, should I still expect to see a cycle with the live rock?

If so I could put the LR in a separate rubbermaid container as opposed to put them in with corals or fish as to avoid deaths from amonia spike?

Once all Livestock is moved I will bring my display tank over and set it up with mostly the same water (yes I plan on moving the water) also will bring remote sand bed over without disturbing it too much. I will have an air pump for circulation in the DSP tank while I hook things up again.

Then I plan on reconecting the drainage plumbing, and Im wondering if theres a special glue I can use to reconect my drain without having to wait very long for it to cure?

I might be leaving a few things out but mostly that will be it. I need all the advice I can get in order to do this successfully. If you see any glitches in my plan please let me know. Helpfull coments are also appreciated.
    Thanks
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

Hey what's up.
    OK It all sounds good except for the sand bed. I would ditch it and either go BB with the new system or start a new one.
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,
    Lights: 2X250W 10K XMs, 1X400W10K XM, 6XT5s Al lights controlled by AC Jr.

I think going bare bottom is personnal preference. But I would say getting rid of the sand bed and going with a new one. No matter how careful you are moving it your going to stirr it up and that will lead to major problems down the road.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

someone was telling me BB caused his SPS to bleach? then after a SB was put in the colours came back...

i' running BB right now cause i cant afford aragonite... but i hate the look of it

Thanks guys. My sand bed is remote and sits in a 20 gallon tank. It will be very eazy to move without disturbing it too much. My display is BB

I plan on running the remote sand bed on its own (powerhead)for a short while in its new location to make sure things arent distubed too much. If within 12 hours or so Im not smelling funk coming out of it I will start to run the pump again.

Tony, sorry I havent posted pics. I lost my cammediamaster program disk and cant copy it onto my new windows... I will take a few pics of the tank tonight and post them when Ive moved into the new house, I found somebody that can lend me camediamaster...
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

How did the move go?
    Looking forward to seeing some pics. :rant:
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,
    Lights: 2X250W 10K XMs, 1X400W10K XM, 6XT5s Al lights controlled by AC Jr.